Esteemed Contributor

Re: prerecorded shows on QVC proper

With the hour long presentations of the TSV...all day long...they could just run the one from midnight all through the day..that would save them a lot of money ...only need the midnight host and vendor and thats it for the entire day...

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

With the hour long presentations of the TSV...all day long...they could just run the one from midnight all through the day..that would save them a lot of money ...only need the midnight host and vendor and thats it for the entire day...

I think HSN does exactly that with their daily deals.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: prerecorded shows on QVC properded

I'm awake most of every night and watch Q off and on.   I've never run across a pre-recorded show except on QVC Plus.   In addition to Evine,  HSN also has pre-recorded programming. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

There was a Halston show at 2am this morning(2/6) and it was repeated at 5am.  In the upper left corner it said, "Previously recorded."

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm awake most of every night and watch Q off and on.   I've never run across a pre-recorded show except on QVC Plus.   In addition to Evine,  HSN also has pre-recorded programming. 

i think you must have been dozing last night!  look at line-up. read what people who saw the repeats have said.  Evine and HSN don't talk about broadcasting live 24/7 except Christmas. no one is saying it isn't ok -  just curious as to policy change in the dark of night.

Trusted Contributor

Is this permanent? I noticed last night as well. If it saves money and that savings is passed on to the consumers that would be great.
Occasional Contributor

Maybe they are short hostess/staff to do 24/7 right now?  I have not seen any newbies in training. 

Honored Contributor

If it lasts more than a week, it's probably permanent. It could be that they have hosts off sick. It could be an experiment to see if anyone notices or more important, if anyone cares. It could become reruns and keep current S&H, or no reruns but increased S&H. QVC doesn't seem to be doing brilliantly financially, and often seems to be grasping at straws, without a genuine plan, to attempt to turn itself around.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
New Contributor

Yes, I noticed the "previously recorded" message on yesterday. Thought I was on QVC Plus. What's the explanation for this? I've been watching QVC for nearly 30 years, yes since the beginning when they had the extra bucks , callers could get a chance at a spinning wheel, I digress, but what's up with repeats?
Respected Contributor

Yep, noticed early this morning the "previously recorded" in the corner of the screen shot. They had a Roberta's plants show running. (what a poor choice to pick for a rerun. Was fooled once by Roberta's, won't be fooled again). Maybe Q isn't doing as well as they want everyone to believe. I'm sure this is purely a financial decision. Less viewers in early morning time slot means less sales. Hope they didn't can the hosts that are usually on air at those times or reduce their hours.