Honored Contributor

Re: new shipping and handling rates

This new reduction in S&H is going to cost us big time.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I really feel that if clothing sizing is different then the measurement listed, you will get your original shipping back. I would return it as defective if measurements were off for sure. Shoes are a little different - size 8 varies a lot and shoe measurements aren't provided. So I would have no way if knowing whether a size 8 will fit me in shoes unless I've tried the brand before. So I definitely won't buy shoes for Q now, but if measurements for clothing are provided, I might try. I'd be curious to know whether CS looks at sizing inconsistencies as defects?
Honored Contributor

For anyone thinking they are not getting a discount when buying multiple items of the same thing - well you do. Recently I purchased 4 Bethlehem battery light sets that were on clearance. The shipping and handling was $6.97. I paid a total of $16.12 shipping and handling. With the new policy shipping is$3 and I would pay $12 so I would save $4.12 if I ordered 4 now. The only way you wouldn't make out better would be for anything not going with the reduced shipping and they were not specific on what items they would be.

Contributor

Since the new shipping rates have been implemented has anyone other than myself noticed a longer shipping time to receive their items? I ordered a bracelet on Designer Day and still have not received it yet - sitting for days in Secaucus, NJ. I only live in upstate NY and normally items get here fairly quickly. Unfortunately, I am sure all these changes go hand in hand. Just curious if others have found it taking longer to get their orders.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2015 KYToby said:

I think the discontinuation of refunding shipping is a good thing. I constantly see posts from people who talk about sending large quantities of things back, and this drives up the cost for everyone.

While I agree that QVC should have accurate sizing information, we all know that different designs fit people differently, and sizes vary from designer to designer. Shoppers run into this n B&M stores as well. If someone is hard to fit or unsure about the fit, perhaps online shopping is not the best option. Besides, quite frankly, even returning items and not getting a shipping refund would be similar in the amount of time and money wasted travelling to many b&M stores.

I'm 5'4" and weight l08. I'm medium width in shoes there nothing difficult about or unusual about my fit. It's the Q sizing that is inconsistent in both shoes and clothing. I absolutely do want things to fit, even if I have to pay large sums to return. If the Q is not quite expectant of having huge returns with online clothes and shoes, they shouldn't be in that business. I'm not an impulse buyer either & take my time and care. Perhaps if hosts gave more time to size, fit and fabrics, instead of entertaining, that might help!

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 shopontv said:

Since the new shipping rates have been implemented has anyone other than myself noticed a longer shipping time to receive their items? I ordered a bracelet on Designer Day and still have not received it yet - sitting for days in Secaucus, NJ. I only live in upstate NY and normally items get here fairly quickly. Unfortunately, I am sure all these changes go hand in hand. Just curious if others have found it taking longer to get their orders.

Yes, shipping is very slow. This is true even before the change in shipping costs.

Occasional Contributor

Just got two pair of pants that are so long! I thought that I would hem them but I do not like hemming pants , so will return them for a refund...what a surprise to find out the $6.95 return postage is not the only fee ....no more credit for the shipping cost to receive the items.. I could have a seamstress hem them for the amount to now return! will no longer order clothes from QVC. I will think twice about ordering anything From QVC. I hope this new fee structure backfires on them!
Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 sunapee said: Just got two pair of pants that are so long! I thought that I would hem them but I do not like hemming pants , so will return them for a refund...what a surprise to find out the $6.95 return postage is not the only fee ....no more credit for the shipping cost to receive the items.. I could have a seamstress hem them for the amount to now return! will no longer order clothes from QVC. I will think twice about ordering anything From QVC. I hope this new fee structure backfires on them!
I, like many others here, predict it will!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
New Contributor

I know it's almost 6 months since the new return policy was implemented, but the only thing I had returned before now was defective. And, I was sick for a while and didn't order anything or care about watching QVC. 

Imagine my shock to not have the S&H refunded on my returns (Perricone & Wen). I was quite upset to hear about the policy when I called about not having the S&H refunded. I told CS rep that I had not been informed of that change. Only thing I remember reading is the reduced shipping rates, nothing about no S&H refunds.

QVC upsales each item with the 30 day return policy if not completely happy with the product, but they fail to mention no refund of S&H when that return is made. They pay show hosts to sell to us and make the product sound so good that we cannot resist, especially with the 30-day return policy if not satisfied... just try it and you can send it back. They need to stop the upsale of the 30 days if they do not want returns. I do not impulse buy... I think carefully and because it is guaranteed returns, I will make the purchase.

But no more... I will not declare no more buying from QVC. LIke someone else who posted, Philosophy is sold for less on QVC, so I'll buy that, but I will not buy other items to try. Or who knows, maybe I will not buy from QVC and shop Amazon. I gave up on clothing from Q a while back. Majority fo the time clothing and shoes do not fit.

I asked the CS rep to pass my being upset to higher ups in Customer Service and it took me twice for her to type what I said, but still not really what I said.