Trusted Contributor

I Like The Hearts

[ Edited ]

I know people are reading what I wrote. And I likewise can let someone know I like what they wrote.  It just adds to the interaction between people here.

Respected Contributor

I was gonna just leave a heart,but decided to post. I didn't think the hearts were necessary at  first. It actually has grown on me. I like agreeing when I do t have thoughts to add to the thread. I do wish it was a thumbs up instead of a heart. Hearts seem a little teen-like. And a thumbs down option would be good too.  

Valued Contributor

Aesthetically, I too would have liked a different type of icon - a star or thumbs up - instead of a heart.  Then I realized the Heart is the icon that is used on ToGather, QVC's social site.  I would assume the Forums, the shopping website and the ToGather site are all part of the same "package."  (Sorry I don't know the technical jargon for it.)  But since the sites are all linked, they all have the same characteristics.  I've noticed lately, the products on qvc.com all have the Hearts on them, so you can add them to your ToGather collections as you shop.  In the end, it doesn't really matter what the symbol is, as they all serve the same purpose.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@June2 wrote:

I know people are reading what I wrote. And I likewise can let someone know I like what they wrote.  It just adds to the interaction between people here.

I like hearts too!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry but is it allowed to be happy about anything here?smiley

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I think all the replies on this thread are agreeing that the hearts are a good addition.  Heck I posted  I didn't heart the hearts at first. Now I heart the hearts,LOL.

Trusted Contributor

I had a question.  When there is a number next to the hearts, is that the number of people that agree with that one particular post or is that the total hearts for the contributor for all the posts she posted.

Thank you,

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I had a question.  When there is a number next to the hearts, is that the number of people that agree with that one particular post or is that the total hearts for the contributor for all the posts she posted.

Thank you,

Miata 1

Hi Miata 1, it's the number of hearts you've received for that individual post. 

I know that I "heart"post for any number of reasons: becasue I agree with the post, as a thank you for a great informational post, becasue I enjoyed the post or or that it made me laugh, as a welcome to a new poster to a forum. I just look at the hearts as a general positive acknowledgement. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@miata1 wrote:

Thank you,

Miata 1

Hi Miata 1, it's the number of hearts you've received for that individual post. 

I know that I "heart"post for any number of reasons: becasue I agree with the post, as a thank you for a great informational post, becasue I enjoyed the post or or that it made me laugh, as a welcome to a new poster to a forum. I just look at the hearts as a general positive acknowledgement. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I agree with all your reasons for using the hearts, bebe.  And also sometimes just to acknowledge that someone responded to me, but I don't feel the need to respond back again. It lets them know that I saw it and appreciated it... or at least I hope they know that. There are lots of reasons, and I think most posters can decipher why they get the hearts... and I appreciate it when I get one! 

Valued Contributor

I just noticed tonight that Pinterest has gone to the Hearts too.  They used to have a "like" option, but now its a Heart

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."