Respected Contributor

Re: Wish Q would stop using UPS Mail Innovations

I have no issues with UPS but do with Mail Innovations.  I've had several packages go MIA at one particular location and the delay in shipping, receiving and delivery is too often more than a day or two.  I would have no issue if that were the only difference but the missing packages and delays of often times a week make this service not a very good choice.

Respected Contributor

No, rarely has there been another option as I DO try to find and choose a faster shipping option.  I do remember in the past occasionally they'd give other choices but usually they do not.   

Trusted Contributor

UPS had a deal the other day to upgrade to UPS Premium so that UPS delivers it all the way instead of the PO transfer. It was $20 for the year, so I signed up. Some things slip through snd still come through the PO, but, for the most part it was worth the money. I am not sure what the regular price is, but I liked the $20 offer.

Contributor

Shipping by UPS and the use of UPS Mail Innovations are not the same thing. UPS Mail Innovations is a fulfillment company that hands off to the US Postal Service, whereas UPS is a carrier that actually delivers your package itself. I would prefer UPS for everything because I agree that it’s much more reliable and faster than USPS whether with UPS Mail Innovations or not.
Regular Contributor

I HATE IT.  Can't believe some people say it is fast.  If the package arrives at UPS on a Friday it can take 5 or more days to get to me especially if it is a holiday weekend.  UPS facility is 15 miles away.  If they deliver it instead of the post office I get it the same day as it arrives at their facility sometime in the wee hours.  

Valued Contributor

I have a package, ordered on the  31st, arrived in Cleveland at UPS on the 3rd, transferred to the post office on the 5th, now, on the 6th, says it's processing at a UPS facility, not saying where, and the eta is the 6th, today.  What a constant cluster.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

or at least give me the option of using a different carrier. Have had horrible experiences with stuff getting lost and/or damaged.  I would gladly pay higher shipping fee but they don't usually give you a choice.  Won't be purchasing as often as I used to because of this as am tired of dealing with missing mail with this unreliable carrier.

Go to UPS.com. Set up My Choice and then enroll in the premier program and your packages will stay with UPS and be delivered by UPS.  I enrolled in December when the annual fee was $19 but haven't looked lately to see if it's still that price.