Frequent Visitor

Who's Monitoring Product Reviews?

I'm so frustrated with customers using product reviews to voice their opinions on the host, request for changes to the product, opinions about the brand, etc. Reviews should be used only by those who have purchased the product and have actually received it. I rely on reviews to help me determine size, quality, color, etc. Some reviews are marked "verified purchase", others are not. Why allow anyone to review something they haven't even purchased? 

Super Contributor

Re: Who's Monitoring Product Reviews?

There's too many mean bullies. Some people were even saying nasty things about Carol from Lock N Lock. She's a sweetheart & doesn't deserve it. Maybe some people don't like a certain hosts style, but they can just turn off that show instead of trying to have the host fired. 

Contributor

I completely agree CONNIEO.

Valued Contributor

@CONNIEO Agree 100%

Getting sick of wading through a sea of opinions looking for product info. and honest reviews.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CONNIEO wrote:

I'm so frustrated with customers using product reviews to voice their opinions on the host, request for changes to the product, opinions about the brand, etc. Reviews should be used only by those who have purchased the product and have actually received it. I rely on reviews to help me determine size, quality, color, etc. Some reviews are marked "verified purchase", others are not. Why allow anyone to review something they haven't even purchased? 

No one.

Respected Contributor

People have learned they will get poofed if they criticize hosts and vendorsin a nasty way ( as well they should be) on the forums...so they go to reviews and vent there because..

NO ONE IS MONITORING THE REVIEWS.

QVC should not allow opinions about hosts, shipping times, size and weight if it's clearly listed in the description, or use reviews harvested from other sites.....where we can go if we want to...

I THINK the reason they do this is so you read the other sites reviews they select HERE instead of on the original vendor's website....instead of risking us find out that some vendors who's reviews they use are offering much better deals on free shipping, extras if you spend a certain dollar amount, and, if you DON'T know...a LOT of vendors offer "easy pay" today. ( they don't call it that, but it IS pay as you go just like QVC has been for years.....)

Honored Contributor

Somebody, probably a contractor, does screen the reviews but apparently the only things she/he screens for are obscenities.  You never see them but everything else seems to be permitted.  People have complained for years but it's an issue QVC management chooses to ignore. 

Save your frustration for something you can influence.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Or they use an AI ( Artificial Intelliigence) system that detects certain  keywords or phrases.

Honored Contributor

Most companies use third party algorhythms to monitor reviews. As long as the words are within those guidelines, they are posted. 

This is a 1st world problem and soooooo low on my list of priorities. I really don't care as long as they aren't sexist, racist, bigoted, etc etc.  

I just ignore the ones that don't matter or contain real info about the product. It's not life changing.