Contributor

I believe QVC owes it to its customers to put on their website for every beauty/skincare product whether or not it is cruelty free, also I think they owe it to us to tell us where exactly an item is made..ex. just bought two beauty items..a foundation and some eye shadow pencils only to get them home and see that they're both made in China...I would not have bought them in the first place if I had known that...I know they are just trying to sell sell sell as much as possible, but as a long time customer...I believe they should be transparent with these things...they owe it to us...

Honored Contributor

It's not as easy as you think.  Various manufacturers have facilities in more than one country. 

For example, if a vendor has clothing factories in China, Thailand and India, there's really no telling which country your ordered sweater will actually come from.  Then what?

Another example ... a vendor may assemble a blender in Mexico, but the parts come from Japan, Thailand and Sweden.  Then what?

Just examples to make my point, of course.

It's obvious you don't buy only items made in the U.S., but usually QVC indicates "Imported" when manufactured elsewhere.  

Respected Contributor

Even when a product is "made in the USA," ingredients to make it can come from other countries, and often do. There are ingredients which are not available in the US or are astronomically expensive here. 

Honored Contributor

@BJRich wrote:

I believe QVC owes it to its customers to put on their website for every beauty/skincare product whether or not it is cruelty free, also I think they owe it to us to tell us where exactly an item is made..ex. just bought two beauty items..a foundation and some eye shadow pencils only to get them home and see that they're both made in China...I would not have bought them in the first place if I had known that...I know they are just trying to sell sell sell as much as possible, but as a long time customer...I believe they should be transparent with these things...they owe it to us...

It's easy to get this information with a search on the internet.  

Big deal if it's made in China. So many U.S. companies outsourced to China. So little is manufactured in the U.S. and that won't change until tax laws change to significantly punish U.S. companies that outsource.

Besides, we want China and other countries to buy from us so we have to buy from them. Just look at what the tariffs did to U.S. farmers when other countries went elsewhere for grain, corn, beef, pork, etc.

Who pays for those tariffs? You and me.

Who pays for all the government welfare handed out to (mostly rich) farmers? You and me.

Honored Contributor

It's up to the manufacturer of the product which they should provide.

Valued Contributor

I agree! I don't want to wear eye makeup when it's so close to my eyes if it comes from China. 

Respected Contributor

@BJRich wrote:

You should ssume that everything is made in China unless explicitly told otherwise. Unfortunately, that's the reality of the situation.  The burden is on you, not on QVC.  "Caveat emptor" is as true today as it ever was.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

I agree! I don't want to wear eye makeup when it's so close to my eyes if it comes from China. 

@Sweet Kitties    It's kind of ironic that you're scared of Chinese-made cosmetics but have probably swallowed many Chinese-manufactured prescription and over-the-counter drugs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

@Sweet Kitties 

Just curious .... just which countries ARE acceptable?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

@Sweet Kitties 

Just curious .... just which countries ARE acceptable?  

Italy, France, England, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan, and other countries that have standards.  I do not put China in that category.  I buy everything I can buy not from China.  I have to, but I try to avoid it.

No apologies