Regular Contributor

Some people are like a dog with a bone; they just won t let go.  

Valued Contributor

I am surprised QVC manages to stay in business with what must be enormous overhead between host salaries, tv studio, warehouses, etc.   Many of us who relied on QVC for decades of shopping compare old QVC to now where shipping is an issue, prices an issue, programming an issue, and yes hosts an issue.  There is too much nonsense from hosts and I think they often forget people are trying to listen for information.  Many times I shift over to Amazon where you see all information listed, a cheaper price, free shipping, reviews, accurate shipping information, and a video with zero banter.  Inflation has hit hard and price is always a concern and free shipping is very important to me.  QVC food shows often do not have ingredients listed, fashion shows have become unfashionable with all vendors products looking like the next and a host flashing a garment then another and another with colors announced and quantity remaining...boring!  Jewelry also uninspired with items you can find everywhere at better prices.  Unclear how QVC continues attracting customers but hopefully they will figure it out.

Respected Contributor

I never knew the "C" stood for CUSTOMER. This fact is unknown.

Trusted Contributor

I just don't get it. QVC is entertainment, I rarely make purchases there anymore. Entertainment is the only thing that separates the Q from other online retailers. Obviously their marketing research contradicts your opinion. And of course they're going to say they monitor these boards for customer input, what else are they going to say, "we just leave theses boards up so old QVC customers can play nicely and feel a sense of community while we make decisions based on research and data. And, by the way we only monitor them for offensive content, so talk among yourselves?"

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

I just don't get it. QVC is entertainment, I rarely make purchases there anymore. Entertainment is the only thing that separates the Q from other online retailers. Obviously their marketing research contradicts your opinion. And of course they're going to say they monitor these boards for customer input, what else are they going to say, "we just leave theses boards up so old QVC customers can play nicely and feel a sense of community while we make decisions based on research and data. And, by the way we only monitor them for offensive content, so talk among yourselves?"

@Love to Run  100%, 100%,  100% Agree.