Respected Contributor

Late night entertainment. It gets better and better.

Trusted Contributor

I actually enjoy the hosts' banter.  It would be very boring to me if they just kept repeating the item specs.  If I want more product detail, I check the item here on the website.  

As someone whose Q card is never cold, I'd say not everyone would agree with the OP.  

Respected Contributor

I happy that the programs aren't just about the merchandise.  I would find that quite boring and would not keep my interest enough to watch.  I enjoy the hosts interjecting some personality with the viewers as they are people with some interesting things to say, not autobots spouting all product info.  I get enough product information to decide if I want to purchase and can see the actual product on the hosts and models to judge how it looks on a person.  Obviously the program set up suits me just fine as I purchase the majority of my clothing from QVC and receive what I expect.

I like people and want them to be people not sales robots.  The hosts all have their different personalities and I enjoy all of them.

Honored Contributor

@beachgal50  You know good and well that ANY post by ANYONE is subject to reply by ANY OF US. 

YOU don't get to dictate who can or can't respond to you. Don't like the rules? Start your own forum!

Respected Contributor

@beachgal50   No need for this snark to @Kachina624 .  She provided you with some good information.  Perhaps you should have said in your original post that you had sent this to Corporate and were just posting to let us know.  This could have avoided some of the answers you received as you didn't say that until further down the line.  And I think the moderation you were advised of by Corporate referred to the Forum Moderators, not that someone from Corporate reads these forums.  I am sure they are much too busy with more important things.

Trusted Contributor

As a marketing ploy, I am assuming that if the hosts 'pull you into their personal lives', one would be more likely to consider them as their ''friends'' rather than a ''salesperson''... - therefore, more likely to jump on board with what they are selling.

Trusted Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Late night entertainment. It gets better and better.

@Etoile308    It sure does...wish people could appreciate these forums for what they are intended for...helpful reviews...recommendations...updates and positive thoughts.  Not personal debates.  

Honored Contributor

@beachgal50 wrote:

The Qurate Group has enabled this forum for Customer insignts and opinions. I have provided mine to the Qurate Group, not you.

smh

Honored Contributor

@beachgal50 wrote:

I know exactly how these boards work. I clarified who I addressed my content to and it was not you.

You posted it. People see it and comment. You're being rude. Chill out.

Honored Contributor

@beachgal50 wrote:

QVC= Quality, Value, CUSTOMER.

IF many of the very HIGHLY salaried program "HOSTS" would spend as much time presenting the MERCHANDISE, as they do running on and on about Disneyland, their books, their brand collaborations, their milestone birthdays, their pools, their homes, their gardens, their instragram accounts, Facebook pages, podcasts, vacations, husbands, wives, children, children's college, children's performances, and all other unnecessary SELF-TALK and SELF-EXPOSE', then the CUSTOMERS (the REASONS there is a Qurate Group) would get VITAL product information to make the most informed purchase possible and prevent multiple errant purchases and returns.

HOSTS are there to be PREPARED and thoroughly PRESENT and DESCRIBE the merchandise with STUDIED knowlege in order to MARKET the MERCHANDISE, not to become the merchandise, therein personally monopolizing and overshadowing the program and merchandise being sold.

5 Ps = Prior preparation prevents poor performance.

Thank you.

@beachgal50 , Great post !  ❤️❤️❤️❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan