Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I guess I didn't know about it because I don't buy their products.

Honored Contributor

Good grief. SMH

Honored Contributor

@Pawslover wrote:

Normally the beauty shows have an audience of women-correct?

"Why" do the vendors continue to bare their chests?  Not impressive.  No matter what they are selling.  And more vendors are jumping on the bandwagon.  

Just an opinion and channel changer.

@Pawslover You must have to avoid a lot of print media and turn off a lot of tv if you find anything on QVC offensive in this day and age.  

Not to try to make light of your concern, but it would have to be difficult to avoid nowdays.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Targeted Audience?

[ Edited ]

@decaf  Complaining here won't change a thing, this is a discussion board.  You should write to the CEO of QVC

Honest question... then why is this forum called Suggestion Box?  The name implies QVC might give attention to the "suggestions" written here.  Or are we supposed to be making suggestions to each other?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eaesquire wrote:

@decaf  Complaining here won't change a thing, this is a discussion board.  You should write to the CEO of QVC

Honest question... then why is this forum called Suggestion Box?  The name implies QVC might give attention to the "suggestions" written here.  Or are we supposed to be making suggestions to each other?

@eaesquire  Here's my honest answer.  The OP, @Pawslover made no suggestion at all because she omitted who she thought  was dressed offensively. See her post below.

If you want someone to help you need to supply them with the proper information, at least the minimum.  She did not. 

In retrospect, it seems like it was nothing but baiting.

Frequent Contributor
GraciesMom2

Targeted Audience?

Normally the beauty shows have an audience of women-correct?

"Why" do the vendors continue to bare their chests?  Not impressive.  No matter what they are selling.  And more vendors are jumping on the bandwagon.  

Just an opinion and channel changer.

Frequent Contributor

@decaf  I understand what you are saying.  Thank you for your response.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45    I just don't understand why one would continue to watch people they obviously don't like or have a problem with unless it's just to come here and knock them and search for someone to agree with them.     

Esteemed Contributor

Are you jealous, it doesn't bother me at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can understand baring more skin when Josie is selling any body product with oil or body skin care. Those products get all over clothing in presentations, but when Josie is selling a facial cosmetic, such as a lip balm, I think QVC should ask her to cover up her cleavage a bit more. 

Honored Contributor

@Pawslover   Most women dress to impress OTHER WOMEN. 

Sorry chaps, women only get dressed up to impress each other

By ANDREW LEVY FOR THE DAILY MAIL
UPDATED: 20:33 EST, 10 June 2011

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

View comments

Dressing to impress: The Duchess of Cambridge arrive for the ARK Gala Dinner at Kensington Palace

Dressing to impress: The Duchess of Cambridge arrive for the ARK Gala Dinner at Kensington Palace

Men left waiting for hours as their partners get ready for a big night out won’t be pleased.

Women apparently dress to impress other women.

A poll of 2,000 debunks the myth that they spend hours in front of a mirror on a Saturday night to impress men.

The truth is, two thirds are trying to encourage compliments from their peers.

Six out of ten women aged between 18 and 30 said they had their girlfriends in mind when they chose what to wear on a big  night out.

And more than a quarter said the most genuine compliments they received came from women they don’t know – not men. Yesterday a spokesman for Simple skincare, which commissioned the report, said: ‘There is an assumption that women go all out to impress the opposite sex, but this research has revealed this isn’t always the case.

‘The fact that so many women care about what their peers think of their appearance is only natural.’

She added: ‘On the whole, women are much more in the know when it comes to clothes, make-up and style, so it’s not a surprise that girls go out to impress other women as opposed to men.’

Two thirds of women believe that men say they look good regardless of what they look like and just say it as standard, without thinking.

And 48 per cent of women polled actually prefer to get a compliment from a female stranger as opposed to a man.

More than half of women say they have never got themselves ‘dolled up’ purely to snare a man and 22 per cent claim a man’s opinion doesn’t matter to them at all.