Contributor

Billing Department

[ Edited ]

To the billing department: If you do not have my order to ship, DO NOT CHARGE ME for it unitl you have it ready to ship!! Extremly annoying and bad business pratctice!!!

Respected Contributor

@Carina i think that is a error on their part.  i don't believe they are ever supposed to bill you before it ships out. might want to call

Honored Contributor

@Carina The Customer Care forum is for this type of problem BUT what you need to do is to email the Mods at:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and give ALl pertinent info: your name, order number, state the problem, etc.

They are very good about responding and attempting to resolve these matters. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Carina 

The error is on your understanding.

You are NOT charged until the item ships.

HOWEVER, a temporary hold in the amount of your purchase DOES go on your CC or Debit card.  It FALLS off once they are sure you can afford the purchase on your method of payment.  The length of time it remains depends on YOUR financial company, NOT QVC.

You have to have the available funds or credit, MOST retailers put this temporary pending amount against your method of payment.

This is standard practice and is NOT bad business practice.  They are not going to ship the item until verification of funding to pay for it is confirmed.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife    Bingo!  I find this is done even when I buy gas.  People don't realize how universal it is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carina wrote:

To the billing department: If you do not have my order to ship, DO NOT CHARGE ME for it unitl you have it ready to ship!! Extremly annoying and bad business pratctice!!!

And they are not going to ship it unless they make sure you have the money  to pay for it.  It's not charged ... it's a hold ... until it's shipped.  All my orders anywhere are like that.

Honored Contributor

This is your bank, not QVC. A hold is placed on your credit card or debit card every time you buy something...no matter where you shop. If the charge doesn't go through within YOUR bank's timeframe, it drops off. I don't know why anyone is surprised by this.