Regular Visitor

I hope in the New Year QVC lightens up on the TSV's , once and hour and in between is a bit excessive for me. I will be a continuing customer but will shop on line to avoid the seemingly endless reference to the TSV.

Respected Contributor

There's a reason they call it the TSV and they will promote it continunally throughout the day.  It's always been that way.  It's not TV programming.

But it does look as though you've solved your issue.

Regular Contributor

Re: TSV overdone

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for this.  I totally agree with you.  They are really into overkill with the way they are shoving the TSV’s down our throat.  It’s not bad enough that they drone on ad nauseum about the item of the day, but then they spend another hour at least every two hours with a full blown presentation.  And I think it is absolutely ludicrous the way they interrupt “In the kitchen with David” for roughly 45 minutes  each week to inject whatever the special of the day is.  I do NOT watch cooking shows to have them taken up with vacuum cleaners, tablets or computers.

Yes, I know you have to sweep your kitchen, and you can look up your favorite recipe on your tablet or computer, or take a nap on your pillow while your dough is rising, but COME ON PEOPLE!

Yes the entire purpose of QVC is to SELL SELL SELL - we get it.  And we get that the country operates on varying schedules so it must be convenient for all people at all times.  But seriously, sometimes enough is just enough.

And yes, I understand the concept of the TSV. I’ve been with the Q for nearly 30 years.  But it does seem that in the year 2017 they made a concerted effort to give it much more airtime than in previous years.

Honored Contributor

I've bee watching QVC from the beginning, and you are not wrong about the over promoting of the TSV.  They bludgeon you to death with it and it ceases to be special, it just turns into an overlong infomercial. It never hurts to tweak a system and make it better and more interesting, let's hope that they do.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@nacholover wrote:

I hope in the New Year QVC lightens up on the TSV's , once and hour and in between is a bit excessive for me. I will be a continuing customer but will shop on line to avoid the seemingly endless reference to the TSV.

I 've read this post a few times over and I simply do not understand how it matters and why it matters.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@nacholover wrote:

I 've read this post a few times over and I simply do not understand how it matters and why it matters.

I can't speak for the OP, but it matters to me because more products could be presented, if there wasn't a constant barrage of TSV presentations.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Several hours of each day is filled with nothing except the TSV. Plus there's the several days beforehand where they have the presale. I get it, you want us to buy a lot of whatever that TSV is. But, you lost me on the 3rd hour of it. I have been a customer since April of 1990. You were much more reasonable with your products back then. You didn't bombard us with the same thing over and over. Are you trying to bore me into buying something in hopes you shut up about it? And even if an item isn't the TSV, you show the same things over all the time. How many vacuum cleaners, computers, tablets, mattress sets, blankets, coffee makers, blenders do we need? I used to leave the TV on your channel all day and night. Background noise during the day, and tinnitis help over night. If something sounded interesting, I'd stop what I was doing and watch. Now, the TV goes off in the morning. I miss The Morning Show. But, I wouldn't miss less of Lori Goldstien. Pat and Dan made the show work. You used to have new products before they came out in the Big Box Stores. Now, you have the same thing many times during the day. It's old. Not too many years ago you bored us to the extreme with several hours per day of WII. Did you finally sell out, I hope? The TV is off right now, but I'll turn it back on at bedtime so I can sleep. If that's what you were going for, congratulations. But, I doubt that was your goal.

Esteemed Contributor

Between not enjoying several hosts' presentation skills and too much of the TSV,  I rarely watch the Q channels anymore.   But I do check in every so often...and it does seem that the TSV is presented more times a day than in the past.

Respected Contributor

Is this similar to brainwashing? Well maybe I do need this. You know just maybe I do. How many hours have I been watching this TSV?  No not that long.

Regular Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Is this similar to brainwashing? Well maybe I do need this. You know just maybe I do. How many hours have I been watching this TSV?  No not that long.

Ha Ha Ha - too funny!Smiley Happy