Respected Contributor

When so many shopping choices are participating in a free shipping day, 

QVC -         you might want to consider doing the same. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama.   I'm sure they considered it....then nixed the idea.  I have a feeling things aren't going so well financially for the Q.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Q did their free shipping day on December 2nd - everything shipped free - so I'm not surprised they're not doing another one so soon after.

I was surprised to see that some retailers are calling this "Free Shipping Friday".  I can hardly keep up with all the "days" now.

I know there are a lot of complaints about the cost of shipping with the Q, but today I mailed out a package that weighed 2 1/2 pounds.  It cost $11.65 and that was the cheapest option.  (UPS was higher.)  So it puts the shipping charges into perspective, especially for heavy items.

I always just compare total prices, when I shop around.

Honored Contributor

Given that they cut out MrRebates until January 1, I wasn't surprised that they didn't participate in free shipping Friday.  Their idea of a good deal is easy pay....and that's about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure the connection with Zulily but I was told they are associated in some fashion.  AND Zulily has a marvelous plan... buy one item... shipping is $5.99 and the rest of the day all other items ship free.  It is a shopping cart approach which I like .  On the weekend it is buy one item and pay shipping and the rest are free (shipping).  Love  it.  And I have been very pleased with the products... great variety.  Quality varies so you have to shop wisely.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama I agree with you.  So many retailers are doing free shipping for the entire season!    I'm also sure they (the Q) get a shipping discount due to the bulk that they do.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Suggestion to QVC -

[ Edited ]

I thought they did free shp on 12-15th

^ap.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu Zulily was purchased by the Q not long ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

The Q did their free shipping day on December 2nd - everything shipped free - so I'm not surprised they're not doing another one so soon after.

I was surprised to see that some retailers are calling this "Free Shipping Friday".  I can hardly keep up with all the "days" now.

I know there are a lot of complaints about the cost of shipping with the Q, but today I mailed out a package that weighed 2 1/2 pounds.  It cost $11.65 and that was the cheapest option.  (UPS was higher.)  So it puts the shipping charges into perspective, especially for heavy items.

I always just compare total prices, when I shop around.

You are aware that the Q is a large corporation and gets discounted rates. So, you can not compare their rates to your rates.

Respected Contributor

QVC needs to offer more free shippings I agree. Sadly, many of my friends are now ordering off Amazon to get better deals. I fear in 10 years QVC as we know it may not exist. Perhaps it will be an ON DEMAND catalogue channel without hosts ? How sad would that be? In my opinion the hosts give the channel the warmth and coziness many older consumers desire. Thus we are willing to overspend a bit.