Contributor

Suggestion for Carole Hochman OR Stan Herman

I wonder if either vendorf would consider some chenille long robes.  I still have one left from Stan Herman I ordered years ago and still love.  But it is not going to last forever,   They were good quality and wore well.  The styles were attractive and I know they were good sellers.  All you see on their shows are fleece and plush,   I would be willing to pay more for a great chenille robe, both for myself or as a gift.  Any agree with me?

Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Carole Hochman OR Stan Herman

I love chenille.

Honored Contributor

The last few years Stan had his chenille robes on QVC, all people did was complain about them shedding all over everything.  I think he must have lost his good manufacturer and he couldn't be replaced so he dropped the line.  You rarely see chenille fabric anywhere these days.  The Linen Source Catalog always features a few bedspreads and coverlets; too bad the don't do robes because their products are always nice quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I would like to see some chenille robes.  I purchase a short, zip up one about 12 years ago and I left it at a hotel and they couldn't find it.  I loved it so much -- not sure if it was "pure" chenille fabric.  Might have had some polyester in it.

Trusted Contributor

Forgot to say it was a Stan Herman robe.

Respected Contributor

@Misty928

I agree whole heartedly  with you! I love chenille and would love a robe and a bed jacket. I too would pay more for it. I am not a great lover of fleece or plush for a robe. So I am with you on this.

Esteemed Contributor

I second the motion!!!  I have a Stan robe that must be 14 years old!  It has held up, but am not sure how many more washings it will tolerate!   Please new robes, but long, not calf length!!  And with zippers, no sashes!   And really no hoods either...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good quality chenille doesn't shed, but it's expensive to produce.  Fleece is cheap; it's made from recycled soda bottles.

Respected Contributor

Google chenille robes. You will find many.