Frequent Contributor

Re: Stop hosts saying ‘STINKIN’ CUTE’ PLEASE!

Now the new saying is “I digress”. It gives them a chance to go off topic and ramble but then they end it with I digress.   I guess it bothers me more than stinkin cute.  

Honored Contributor

Good gracious!  How sad to let a silly saying 'aggravate' us!

There are so many worse things to be bothered by!

Why let such unimportant things irritate us?!!

Honored Contributor

Well, there is awfully cute that has been used and no one has ever criticized that!!!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't aggravate me, but I do automatically wrinkle my nose for whatever reason. 

I still like 'Fragrantly fabulous', which I thought of all by myself.    

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Good gracious!  How sad to let a silly saying 'aggravate' us!

There are so many worse things to be bothered by!

Why let such unimportant things irritate us?!!

As for myself, I find it annoying because this is their job.  Some of them have been doing this for years and 'stinkin cute' is the best they can do?  Speaking and describing is the job.  My goodness, I would be embarrassed if I did something for years and that was the best I could do.  It indicates poor preparation to me.  

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife 

It's not unimportant to make a good impression.

Crude speech leaves those subjected to it with an unfavorable opinion of the person. Accepting it indicates approval rather than tolerance.

Honored Contributor

Put every one here in the situation having to sell and even describe items for the length of time the hosts have to and the results would be much worse than using stinkin cute to describe things!!!

Honored Contributor

The threshold of crude speech is very subjective.  While I cannot remember if I have ever used the phrase, I hear it often and not just on QVC.  It doesn't bother me in the least.

Just yesterday on Instagram, Tara Tesher introduced her new Temp-tations character fairy lights on her own website.  She must have said stinking cute 3 or 4 times, as she was very excited about them.  They were....cute!  

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@RespectLife 

It's not unimportant to make a good impression.

Crude speech leaves those subjected to it with an unfavorable opinion of the person. Accepting it indicates approval rather than tolerance.

@occasionalrain 

I don't find it crude at all.  And I DO accept it.  Doesn't bother me in the least.

To me crude is vulgar or obscenities.

This is more so the vernacular of today's culture which is not what it used to be.  However, I can't change what society has come to accept.

Gosh, I have so many more important things to worry and fuss over like the cost of gas, my rising taxes, incredibly high grocery bills.  Hosts saying childish phrases is not even on my radar.

Much to do about absolutely nothing and not worth a debate.

Esteemed Contributor

I approve of the use of the term.