Valued Contributor

Re: Stop hosts saying ‘STINKIN’ CUTE’ PLEASE!

I don't like that phrase either.  Sounds stupid and I put it right up there with "Rich girl look" and "Side bar."  Of course, there are more.  And yes, of course we can change the channel.  But we should be able to watch a show that interests us without having to be subjected to these juvenile phrases.  They are not cool. lol

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whispergirl wrote:

Now the new saying is “I digress”. It gives them a chance to go off topic and ramble but then they end it with I digress.   I guess it bothers me more than stinkin cute.  

@Whispergirl  

It's called "use of the English language" and "good grammar" which should have been learned at home (or by Middle School). If those hosts aren't able to vary their language, it's time they invest in a Theasarus and read it thoroughly!

I might watch the programming periodically rather than view videos of products if they spoke well.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Its  very  childlike,and I do not care for  it!

Honored Contributor

I have used the phrase stinkin cute before.  Not often but I have used it.  Doesn't bother me at all. 

Super Contributor

I live in California, but I'm a Brit. 

Super Contributor

Maybe aggravate was too harsh, annoying then. 

Honored Contributor

I'd never heard it before I heard it on the Q.  The thing that I find annoying is that when one host says something, they all pick up on it and start repeating the phrase.  So while it may not have been worth complaining about it when one host said it, they now all say it, and it really is aggravating.

Esteemed Contributor

Keep in mind that some of the hosts are legends in their own mind, and they think they are cute saying these catch phrases. I could name them easily, but it  would be poofed. I think most of us know who they are!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'd never heard it before I heard it on the Q.  The thing that I find annoying is that when one host says something, they all pick up on it and start repeating the phrase.  So while it may not have been worth complaining about it when one host said it, they now all say it, and it really is aggravating.

@faeriemoon like Pat's $20.00 bill alert that has prompted other hosts to talk about a $30.00 bill alert or a $12.00 bill alert.  Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

Yes, Pat is famous for the "$20 bill alert."  Smiley Sad