Trusted Contributor

Re: Stop allowing useless reviews

@CalminHeart wrote:

People should never rely on reviews.  Lots of vendors hire people to submit reviews on their products.  Yes, some people write reviews without having seen or used the item.  

There is no way a retailer can entirely prevent this.  Many already ask if the reviewer has purchased the item. People can lie or tell the truth.  You can't control it.

There is nothing you can do about it.  Just read reviews with a grain of salt.  It is what it is.

@CalminHeart  I agree. Most people can read and quickly discern which are the legit reviews.

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

Each person's experience with a product is different,  there are some reviewers who just are not good with words or writing and presenting a review; and some people just like to rant off into negative land. Then there are people who I suppose did not purchase the item....we cannot count on QVC to "monitor" for legitimate reviews; I for one would never review something I had not purchased. 

QVC doesn't mind monitoring these posts

Maybe we should be able to "report" a review

@software Excluding people’s reviews because they’re not up to a certain group’s standards sounds a little dictatorial to me.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I don't expect QVC to monitor every single review posted for accuracy.  That seems like a very unrealistic request to make.

If you've ever written and submitted a review, you know that before a review is allowed to be posted, it supposedly goes to a reviewer.  It is never posted immediately, @Bri369 

One would think that as part of the approval process, the review would be read for accuracy.

A review is subjective and personal. Everyone has different viewpoints and backgrounds so what is important to one person may be unimportant to someone else. We all have the ability to sort through reviews and discern which ones are helpful to us.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@software wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

Each person's experience with a product is different,  there are some reviewers who just are not good with words or writing and presenting a review; and some people just like to rant off into negative land. Then there are people who I suppose did not purchase the item....we cannot count on QVC to "monitor" for legitimate reviews; I for one would never review something I had not purchased. 

QVC doesn't mind monitoring these posts

Maybe we should be able to "report" a review

@software Excluding people’s reviews because they’re not up to a certain group’s standards sounds a little dictatorial to me.

Not necessarily to exclude, but to monitor

Esteemed Contributor

I find the reviews helpful.  And not everyone sees it the same way.  I read it all and if the product is available elsewhere as in Electronics you can bet I check out other resources online.  I am very careful and I first shop by price point.  If I like the style I find it somewhere else at a better price... Walmart, Costco, Zulily, Blair.