Respected Contributor

Re: Stop allowing useless reviews

Hi, @GingerPeach!    I hope you're doing well.?    QVC doesn't manage their review system "in-house" -- a major digital marketing company called "Bazaarvoice" has managed their reviews for years, and does so for countless other businesses and products.   I don't know if there's any way to get complaints or concerns passed on to them, other than by way of the QVC Social Team.    

I agree, the way the system is "managed" leaves much to be desired, and it's been that way for a long time.    It's been permitted to remain this way to the point that I have to think QVC (and Qurate) doesn't really care.   It's a shame the reviews can't be more useful to prospective shoppers.

@dooBdoo  Thanks for that interesting tidbit of information and frankly, for what it is worth, I do not think QVC cares about anything but making a profit!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I just read a review for Skinnytees stating that the product "runs small" and that the purchaser should "size up."

Whoever allowed the review to be posted clearly knows nothing about the product.  It comes in ONE SIZE.

Is this QVC's problem - that they hire review approval personnel who don't have any information about the product?

Hi, @GingerPeach!    I hope you're doing well.🌻    QVC doesn't manage their review system "in-house" -- a major digital marketing company called "Bazaarvoice" has managed their reviews for years, and does so for countless other businesses and products.   I don't know if there's any way to get complaints or concerns passed on to them, other than by way of the QVC Social Team.    

I agree, the way the system is "managed" leaves much to be desired, and it's been that way for a long time.    It's been permitted to remain this way to the point that I have to think QVC (and Qurate) doesn't really care.   It's a shame the reviews can't be more useful to prospective shoppers.

Thank you, @dooBdoo 

Yes, I'm aware of that system but that should not let those in charge of allowing reviews to be posted off the hook.

No matter who is in charge of allowing reviews should be aware of what they are allowing and at the very least, be familiar with the product.

(Here's another example: I remember reviews being posted for a handheld steam cleaner for which  complaints were made about the moisture in the product.  I had ordered one myself and it very clearly said the moisture was from testing, not from any fault or from being a return or  from otherwise used.  Awareness and knowledge is important.)

I realize very well that the review systems of not only QVC, but those of other retailers, are all fraught with issues.

Still, that doesn't mean they can't make efforts to improve and it doesn't mean they shouldn't remove reviews that make no sense.

Other than being frustrated, I am doing well.  Thank you for asking.  Harrumph!  Heart  Clearly I would like more perfection than the world seems to be able to provide.

I totally agree with you, @GingerPeach.   Bazaarvoice and QVC aren't off the hook and I do think it's reasonable to ask for a better system.    As others have said, this is a pervasive problem we see everywhere on the internet.   As a simpler example, I read the reviews of iPad and iPhone apps and it's atonishing to see how many of the reviewers add low ratings for illogical and even outlandish reasons.    On the Q, I've seen reviews that were actually nothing but biased rants and personal editorial comments by people who clearly didn't purchase the product.   There's no perfect answer to better reviews, but I can't help but think improvement is possible.

I'm glad you're doing well!   I completely understand the feelings of frustration.   I find myself "sitting on my hands"😉 when reading the forums more and more, or just walking away.    I'm glad you're here, (((@GingerPeach))).   Take care.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

Hi, @GingerPeach!    I hope you're doing well.?    QVC doesn't manage their review system "in-house" -- a major digital marketing company called "Bazaarvoice" has managed their reviews for years, and does so for countless other businesses and products.   I don't know if there's any way to get complaints or concerns passed on to them, other than by way of the QVC Social Team.    

@dooBdoo  Thanks for that interesting tidbit of information and frankly, for what it is worth, I do not think QVC cares about anything but making a profit!

You're welcome, @ScarletDove.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

As always, @dooBdoo , your words are a breath of fresh air.  They "clear the cobwebs," so to speak.  I am grateful for your presence here - always.

Now just don't let the circulation get cut off to those hands too often.  You'll need your typing fingers to talk some of us off the ledges we may find ourselves on!  

Image result for snoopy typing

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

The reviews I have a problem with are written by people that do not even own the product.  QVC has stated that opinions are allowed to be left as reviews. 

Like how David's latest cookbook was customer top rated before it was even shipped to customers? All of the ratings were 5 stars at that time. Reviewers were giving it 5 stars simply because it was David and stating how they couldn't wait to purchase and/or receive the book. Ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

The reviews I have a problem with are written by people that do not even own the product.  QVC has stated that opinions are allowed to be left as reviews. 

Like how David's latest cookbook was customer top rated before it was even shipped to customers? All of the ratings were 5 stars at that time. Reviewers were giving it 5 stars simply because it was David and stating how they couldn't wait to purchase and/or receive the book. Ridiculous.

Exactly. 

You should actually own the item before you leave a review. 

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

As always, @dooBdoo , your words are a breath of fresh air.  They "clear the cobwebs," so to speak.  I am grateful for your presence here - always.

Now just don't let the circulation get cut off to those hands too often.  You'll need your typing fingers to talk some of us off the ledges we may find ourselves on!  

Image result for snoopy typing

@GingerPeach  Great post!

Respected Contributor

Some people have limited ability to comprehend context.  They write whatever comes to their minds, whether it answers the question or not,or if it furthers the discussion or not.   Even on these, and other, forums.  It's almost as if they think this is face-to-face communication, and a response is necessary.  No, it's really not.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

1.  I like the posts “I haven’t worn/used it yet but ......”

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@mosky wrote:

What ever happened to freedom of speech...each person can write what they want to and whos to decide what should be shown? As I said ,lets not forget all of our rights!!

@mosky . Sorry but freedom of speech does not apply here. 

@proudlyfromNJ @mosky  I guess for some that is a statement to be proud of😄