Esteemed Contributor
Cheerful giver has nice cents but they don’t burn evenly & eventually put out the wicks. I’ve resolved that problem by using a candle topper.
Honored Contributor

Re: Slatkin candles

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I will not purchase Harry's reed diffusers anymore though.  I was burned twice by Homeworx diffusers with no discernible scent at all.  Done with those.  

@Caaareful ShopperMaybe it is the scent you chose. This is the second year in a row that I have gotten the Autumn Pumpkin Patch. Each week I turn them upside down to maintain the scent. I put them in the guest bathroom which is not far from the front door. I have had repairmen enter the house and comment on the nice pumpkin smell.

I also got a couple of Vanilla Orchard Crisp reed diffusers but have not had a chance to open them yet.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I will not purchase Harry's reed diffusers anymore though.  I was burned twice by Homeworx diffusers with no discernible scent at all.  Done with those.  

@Caaareful ShopperMaybe it is the scent you chose. This is the second year in a row that I have gotten the Autumn Pumpkin Patch. Each week I turn them upside down to maintain the scent. I put them in the guest bathroom which is not far from the front door. I have had repairmen enter the house and comment on the nice pumpkin smell.

I also got a couple of Vanilla Orchard Crisp reed diffusers but have not had a chance to open them yet.

@World Traveler   I'm sure you're right.  I had Holiday Spice (which is magnificent in candle form), and some sort of lavender scent.  Both diffusers, purchased at different times, gave nearly zero scent.

I'm glad your scents are wonderful.  

I'm just too weary of trying anymore diffusers.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful ShopperWhen it comes to his candles, most I really like. Some, not so much. I found the Chestnuts Roasting to be a bit too musty for me; smelled like dead leaves.

Being a chocoholic, I thought I would like Chocolate Kiss, but there was hardly any scent at all, especially NO chocolate scent.

Cinnamon Peach Latte had hardly any detectable scent of cinnamon.

Crimson Leaves had a really bad smell to me; musty, moldy, definitely leaves!

Over the years I have purchased 38 different scents from him and usually like/love them, except those mentioned above. Pretty good average. I always purchase from his website and am on his mailing/text list, which means you get all the sale notices.

I only purchase the big 4-wick candles and some diffusers.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler    My favorites are:

* Holiday Spice

* Driftwood -- which sadly he hasn't done for a long time, but I've saved my last two driftwood candles for this time of year

* Mistletoe Magic -  a little sweet, but great for the holidays.

I also have a Smoked Pumpkin Woods candle.  It's like nothing I've ever smelled in a pumpkin scent. The smoked scent sets it apart.  It's very deep and sultry.  I've had this same candle for about 6 years!  It's only burned down halfway because It's so potent.  Usually I just take the glass lid off and don't light it at all.  I probably light it for about 20 minutes once a year.  But the unlit scent goes all through my entire apartment!  Harry has never made this one again.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  I just ordered Winter Fireside from the slatkin & co. website, since QVC doesn't have it.  It's another one of my favorites.

Super Contributor

I was at Ross on Friday and found the Slatkin 4 wick jar candle in the tiramisu scent.  It smells wonderful.  Got it for $12.99.  Checked the price on the Slatkin website and it is listed for $30.  I am finding more and more of his candles at Marshalls, TJ Max, Home Goods and Ross.  My niece is a huge Slatkin fan and got his candles on sale after Christmas at Home Goods for $8.  I think she picked up a half dozen.  They make beautiful gifts.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful ShopperHaven't tried Winter Fireside. What are the major scents in it?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Caaareful ShopperHaven't tried Winter Fireside. What are the major scents in it?

@World Traveler 

Notes: Sultry Incense, Smoked Firewood, Rich Clove Buds, Mulled Spices

It used to be on QVC, but they haven't had it in inventory in a few years. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful ShopperThe Smoked Pumpkin Woods sounds interesting. I haven't seen that one on his site that I recall. Only 20 minutes once a year? Really? WOW! That will last you for many years. ha!

Holiday Spice sounds nice too.

His website has a huge candle that normally sells around $120 when not on sale. His luxe candles are 80 ounces with five wicks. Haven't tried them yet, but someday.....