Contributor

Please…more mature models!

I’m really hoping QVC uses more mature women on which to demonstrate makeup. I’m really tired of seeing 20 or 30 something’s being the subject of line smoothers, serums and especially cover up makeup. Please utilize models of an age where these items would be truly beneficial, and show how they actually work. They do this everywhere…people so young they don’t even have a wrinkle demonstrating makeup, creams and serums. Please! It so unrealistic!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Please…more mature models!

@Moonie wrote:
I’m really hoping QVC uses more mature women on which to demonstrate makeup. I’m really tired of seeing 20 or 30 something’s being the subject of line smoothers, serums and especially cover up makeup. Please utilize models of an age where these items would be truly beneficial, and show how they actually work. They do this everywhere…people so young they don’t even have a wrinkle demonstrating makeup, creams and serums. Please! It so unrealistic!

They show younger models for a reason..

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

There are a few times where I've seen some  more mature in age models .

Trusted Contributor

Just look at the older host, you will see every wrinkle on their face and neck when they are presenting certain makeup and skin care, you can get an idea of whether it will really work....so obvious that most of the skin care to erase wrinkles does not work to me it just emphasizes the wrinkles more....but this is just my observation and opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Moonie 

Disagree

See mature faces all the time.  Wish I could remember their names...

One is a Maria and in the same video below is the

one  sweetie w/ the short hair that is Always smiling AND if you count JT...you have a lot of mature and wrinkled faces with just one product!!

tarte Blush Tape Liquid Glow Blush w/ Sculpting Brush - QVC.com

Another is a blond with shoulder length hair that likes to play tennis......

Also Jill M has more mature skin

Respected Contributor

Also real plus size models too.

Trusted Contributor

When they only use young, smooth face models, that tells me the product probably doesn't work so I don't buy.

Honored Contributor

"Maturity" comes at any age.   Do you mean OLD LADIES?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

QVC uses a couple of older models and the eye and face makeup does not look great. One of the reasons is appears that they use too much makeup. One of the older models Mary is beautiful. The makeup falls into every line and crevice on her face. Although she is beautiful the makeup is not. When using a young model everything is flawless. They are of course trying to sell and want you to think you too will

look like that regardless of your age.

Esteemed Contributor

They always use young models who don't need any makeup because their face is flawless.  Autumn comes to mind.  I remember when Pam was the Bare Minerals model, now she's Denim & Co.