Trusted Contributor

I don't mean to be rude ........ and I really do like David ...... BUT ...... it just seems like every time I turn QVC on there he is!!!! He was on last night ..... now tonight ..... again

tomorrow night and then again Sunday. Does QVC have a shortage of host? After someone has been on that much you soon their mannerisms and just about know what their reaction and/or comment is going to be. Kind of makes the shows a little boring. I mean how many times do you have to hear "happy dance" before it gets old????!!!! QVC has one "new" male host and I've seen him a couple of times with Martha Stewart and, I think, it is called "Gourmet Holiday". He seems energetic and excited about the shows and the products ....... makes you interested in what he is talking about .... It's new to him and because of that you pick up on his upbeat attitude. Sorry .... but when someone has been selling the same type of products for years they lose that "excitement" and become, for lack of a better word, " humdrum". Give David a break and let us see some "fresh" faces.

Honored Contributor

Re: Showcase Different Hosts

@Sheila P-Burg My take: David generates sales and that's why he is on so much. That's my opinion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

one can view the weekly schedules and see others get more or equal air time to him.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg 

Sheila,  my observation has been for months that Shawn, Jane T. and Amy are on all the time.  The Q hired and trained new hosts.  I'm sure that was an expense.  So, they should recoup the expense by getting the new hosts to work.  More shifts for newer hosts, fewer shifts for the same-old, same-old we see over and over and over,...sometimes one host is on 2 or 3 channels at the same time!

Honored Contributor

It seems certain hosts have a serious fan base, the fans buy the goods from their favorite hosts whether they need the stuff or not, the Q counts on that. I am sick of David and the rest of the older hosts too, IMO they are loud and boring, same old schtick. I can mute them and still hear the same old drivel in my head.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree David has been on alot..........but i feel like Jennifer C. and Kerstin  L. are on ALL THE TIME............which is turn the channel time..............but also Leah who i do like has been on very much lately................have been enjoying MaryBeth getting on more regularly lately...........

Trusted Contributor

I've been with QVC from the beginning . A lot of hosts in the past have had huge "fans"

...... remember Bob Bowersox, Kathy Levine, Lisa Robertson .... and yet when they left their "fans" surely continued to watch QVC . Half the time it isn't the host "selling" the product, it's the representative of the vender or the vender. If QVC wants to attract more consumers (and try to draw in the younger ones) they are going to have to make some changes. Younger more enthusiastic hosts would be a good start ...... next would be getting different venders and products. Lately it seems to be the same hosts AND the same people representing the venders. On Sunday you don't have to really look at the program guide to just about know who is going to be on David's show. If I'm getting this "bored" watching the "same o same o" ...... why would someone younger want to watch????? 

Esteemed Contributor

It's pretty obvious that David, Jane and Shawn consume the largest share of air time and are probably considered successful and important to Q management, however that is measured.

I don't see any other host coming close to their collective hours, except perhaps those that have regular show hours during daytime (Pat, Jayne, Jennifer, Kerstin) but I doubt those hours equal any of the top three.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It's pretty obvious that David, Jane and Shawn consume the largest share of air time and are probably considered successful and important to Q management, however that is measured.

I don't see any other host coming close to their collective hours, except perhaps those that have regular show hours during daytime (Pat, Jayne, Jennifer, Kerstin) but I doubt those hours equal any of the top three.

@Johnnyeager   You can include Amy into the mix.  In fact, I think Amy has more hours than Shawn (who works primarily at night, and only on the original channel) in some weeks.  They put Amy on Q2 a lot now, so she's all over the network. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I forgot about Q2 since I don't watch it at all or pay much attention.  Although I noticed in the program guide that Kristine Zell seems to be pretty much settled there now too.