Honored Contributor

Re: Showcase Different Hosts

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I've been with QVC from the beginning . A lot of hosts in the past have had huge "fans"

...... remember Bob Bowersox, Kathy Levine, Lisa Robertson .... and yet when they left their "fans" surely continued to watch QVC . Half the time it isn't the host "selling" the product, it's the representative of the vender or the vender. If QVC wants to attract more consumers (and try to draw in the younger ones) they are going to have to make some changes. Younger more enthusiastic hosts would be a good start ...... next would be getting different venders and products. Lately it seems to be the same hosts AND the same people representing the venders. On Sunday you don't have to really look at the program guide to just about know who is going to be on David's show. If I'm getting this "bored" watching the "same o same o" ...... why would someone younger want to watch????? 

@Sheila P-Burg 

Take a gander at the MEET THE HOST section on the website, they did hire some younger hosts....but the problem is that many of them don't do the homework on the products that they are presenting....they make a lot of mistakes in their presentations and seem more interested in telling stories about themselves or their families than they do the products....I'd rather watch well prepared hosts and see more variety in QVC merchandise 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Posts about rotating hosts or their air time puzzle me.  Can you imagine working at your job for 10, 15, 25 years and then your boss shoving you out of the way so a new person can have your primo hours or favorite work?  New people should have to work their way up to the good hours and air time.  

Honored Contributor

Show host at the Q is hardly the average job and they are not average workers. Why hire all those new hosts and then don't use them. I am so sick of seeing the same hosts on all the time, they just wear out their welcome after awhile for me.