Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping is slow. Should be faster when you're paying for it!

@ABH65  Welcome to the boards. Yes shipping is all over the place and processing is often slow. Ordering on December 18th expecting your package by the 24th in less than a week at this time of year is cutting it too close. Shipping is swamped on both ends. Many are working extra long hours.

We have all been warned to have ordered at least two months ahead.  Maybe a jewelry item will make it in less than a week but nothing is guaranteed even though you may have been led to believe it. I highly doubt the Christmas window would have happened at that point for you anyway.

I worry more about lost or stolen packages as had that happen twice in two months. One was Q and another Outdoor company. Both refunded me.

Enjoy your candles as not a seasonal item. I use mine all year long. Eventually they will come. 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@reviewer from sc wrote:

While I understand your frustration, to be fair, we've been warned back in October that shipping would be incredibly slow this year. And it has! No company can control the shipping. That's up to UPS, FedEx, or USPS. I don't see their situations changing anytime soon. 

P.S. Also, QVC had the unfortunate fire in Rocky Mount. If the item is coming from that facility, you may not get the item in time. 

I wonder if qvc will remove inventory from their website that cannot be sold due to the fire. I really hate it when an order stays in limbo and I think they don't even know what products were being warehoused there and even if they did, may have no intention of being honest about it.  Just like 2020 when it sure seemed like business as usual here but no, it wasn't, and so our orders just got hung up and to heck with us and giving us the truth before we placed an order.  I don't want to go through that again. 

@agb80   Of course they know exactly what was in that warehouse.  Fortunately they usually have duplicates at other locations around the country.  If they're unable to fulfill orders, they've indicated customers will be notified.

You need to acquaint yourself with the situation in international commerce before criticizing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love the introductions when they feel that stating how many orders or how long they've been a customer or how many thousands of dollars they spent is giving them some kind of importance.  At this time of the year and considering all the events going on you would be aware of the shipping situation, unless you live under a rock.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954    There are a lot of people out there apparently living under rocks, in a bubble or somewhere not in the real world.  They never watch the evening news, read a newspaper or have conversations with friends.  They're obvivilous to what's going on in the world. 

Then they come here to whine. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Wow...such a warm bunch. I feel so welcome. LOL! I mistakenly thought this blog was a place to vent amongst those who might share my pain. My mistake.  Funny with a bunch of user names like grannys etc, you lack the warm and fuzzies of any granny I know.

Yes, I was aware of the fire. The item I ordered was NOT in that particular warehouse. Yes, I sent an email up the chain. We'll see what response I got. Yes, I am aware of shipping delays and commerce at this time. But...I purchased several items from QVC that were guaranteed by Christmas and they have made it in time. My point is...they can ship quickly when they want to or at least thats the way it seems. Any shipping that takes longer than a week for an item that is in stock in his day and age is an antiquated business practice...especially when your paying for it.  They are charging us for pony express shipping. Thanks for the feedback. Issue is closed.

Honored Contributor

@ABH65 This isn't a blog. It's a discussion forum.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

@reviewer from sc wrote:

While I understand your frustration, to be fair, we've been warned back in October that shipping would be incredibly slow this year. And it has! No company can control the shipping. That's up to UPS, FedEx, or USPS. I don't see their situations changing anytime soon. 

P.S. Also, QVC had the unfortunate fire in Rocky Mount. If the item is coming from that facility, you may not get the item in time. 

I wonder if qvc will remove inventory from their website that cannot be sold due to the fire. I really hate it when an order stays in limbo and I think they don't even know what products were being warehoused there and even if they did, may have no intention of being honest about it.  Just like 2020 when it sure seemed like business as usual here but no, it wasn't, and so our orders just got hung up and to heck with us and giving us the truth before we placed an order.  I don't want to go through that again. 

@agb80   Of course they know exactly what was in that warehouse.  Fortunately they usually have duplicates at other locations around the country.  If they're unable to fulfill orders, they've indicated customers will be notified.

You need to acquaint yourself with the situation in international commerce before criticizing. 

I don't want to be notified after I've placed an order.  I want the inventory to be removed if it is no longer available. 

Super Contributor

Well, I'm not happy with QVC shipping. I know about all the excuses. But: I ordered 3 jewelry items on December 8. Today, all of them are stuck somewhere and not even sent from the 3rd party shipper to USPS. They were scheduled for delivery December 17. I haven't called, they'll just say give it time. But it's 13 days....kind of ridiculous.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ABH65 wrote:

Wow...such a warm bunch. I feel so welcome. LOL! I mistakenly thought this blog was a place to vent amongst those who might share my pain. My mistake.  Funny with a bunch of user names like grannys etc, you lack the warm and fuzzies of any granny I know.

Yes, I was aware of the fire. The item I ordered was NOT in that particular warehouse. Yes, I sent an email up the chain. We'll see what response I got. Yes, I am aware of shipping delays and commerce at this time. But...I purchased several items from QVC that were guaranteed by Christmas and they have made it in time. My point is...they can ship quickly when they want to or at least thats the way it seems. Any shipping that takes longer than a week for an item that is in stock in his day and age is an antiquated business practice...especially when your paying for it.  They are charging us for pony express shipping. Thanks for the feedback. Issue is closed.

@ABH65 Im with you. The Q needs to step up its game (warehouse fire merchandise excepted). I've been lucky and my promised items from the Q have been delivered before Christmas. However, not nearly as fast as Macy's, Kohls, and Amazon. None of aforementioned charged me for shipping and returns will be easy, if needed. I'm quite sure the boards are monitored and mined for customer information, comments, and important issues. You'll notice the mods respond when needed and on any thread. They're keeping track...

As of late shipping speed as actually improved and I'm convinced it was complaints on this board and bad reviews that sped things up.

So welcome and good luck with your orders! You'll find the social team is extremely helpful. Qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

Honored Contributor

I learned years ago not to rely on Q for anything needed by a certain date, especially when ordered at the last minute.

I haven't had delays or other issues with orders from other retailers. Many have arrived in 2-3 days.