Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc Programming

[ Edited ]

All suggestions are for what the poster likes, dislike, wants and does not want.  

QVC sells to a huge audience of multi ages, gender, and backgrounds which brings in the money.

They can not sell to a select few and make money, which is their purpose.

Watch shows you like and dont watch what you dont like.  Im sure that is what the majority of viewers do.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Television shopping has pretty sophisticated methods of determining what sells and what doesn't, so I always figure that's why we see so much of certain things.

Personally, I have been enjoying a lot of the more recent garden programming.  I'm not sure why, I definitely do not have a green thumb.  But, the presenters make me feel like even I could grow the stuff they sell! 

There are lots of things I just won't buy without trying first:  shoes, bras, fragrance - I've been "burned" too many times and have learned my lesson! 

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I don't care who hosts a show.  I care about the products.  Most of us could recite the spheels since they show the same products, or variations of, week after week after week.  I rarely watch anymore.  

@CalminHeart   I agree except I do care who is hosting.  If they act childish, talk a mile a minute, jump up and down, giggle all the time, baby talk and generally act unprofessional, it's an immediate "change the channel".  And I know who they are.

If I see on the program guide who is hosting, I don't even tune in.

I don't like the goofy behavior either.  It's one reason why I don't watch a lot of Q anymore.  But I will watch a particular product presentation if I am interested no matter who hosts..... then turn.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

My QVC watching habits have definitely changed.  I was one that had the channel on most of the day.  Now I do a 'Q check" and watch for a couple of minutes, then change the channel. 

I do care who is hosting because there are several hosts I will not watch...regardless of what they are selling.  And I am so tired of seeing the same products over and over.