Regular Contributor

I have been a long time QVC watcher and shopper...I feel like the programming is going backward - less diverse, too much of same hosts and too much of same brands that are geared towards older generation.  I think QVC used to change up times hosts so that were not not always on at the same time or day every week and tried to introduce new brands....that seems to have changed - I now need to change the channel whenever Kirsten, David, Shawn, Alberti, Courtney K are on - I dont dislike them all (some are hard to watch) but too much of them at same time, same show, same brands...like ground hog day.  Please vary hosts/times/products better - not every host needs to haves shows named after them - makes it so awkward when you shove a replacement in there.  Also - too many brands for older folks when it comes to fashion - Denim & Co, Logo, Susan Graver, KIm Gravel, Breezies over & over & over.  Feel like it used to be more varied and they tried to bring in more modern brands.  And there are so many beauty brands and although I like Mally & Josie Maran - these brands are also on too much!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc Programming

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you don't enjoy much of QVC.  I don't watch what I don't enjoy.  I personally think they offer more than they ever did, more channels, and certainly more hosts.  Some are better at presenting certain products more than others.

Honored Contributor

QVC plays it safe and sells brands and products it knows are popular and assuredly will sell, over and over.  They rarely take a chance on something new and different.  It becomes beyond boring.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Q moved around the hosts and some of the shows within the past year.  I was reading an article about new vendors coming.  I don't see much more changing.  The Q of yesterday is gone.  Sure there are vendors and shows I miss.  If it when the Q doesn't meet my needs, I'll find another shopping venue that will.

Respected Contributor

I can't remember the last time I tuned in to QVC expecting to be entertained.  Even if some products might interest me as I channel surf, and might watch it for a minute or two then wake up and realize I can find something better or at least comperable in any one of a hundred other venues.

I don't know most of the newer hosts, but I don't blame them or hate them because they're being forced to hard sell.  They're trying to make a living. It's alost palpable.

I have cable TV with hundreds of movies, news programs, documentaries, etc. if I simply want to be entertained.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc Programming

[ Edited ]

Older women were more attracted to home shopping; therefore QVC was wise to carry products they were interested in: however, this company has taken a different direction and is targeting Millennials.

Since you have been a long time shopper, you would have noticed during the past year many more designer Levi's type jeans, the traditional style jeans that older women say they have difficulty with fit.  The main reason for Diane Gilman's DG2 on HSN.  

Also, a lot of athleisure clothing and more styles of athletic type sneakers.

The introduction of more puffer...what I call fluffy coats....casual coats with down or polyester filling.  I have seen a lot of this style on college campuses.

QVC carries more backpacks now.

I'm seeing more bohemian and other trendy styles.

I will agree with you on most of the shoe styles.  I wouldn't wear most of them as a 20 something or now that I'm older; however, there's Frye, Miz Mooz, Fly London, and Softinos that might be attractive to Millennials. 

I remember Susan Graver being sold in department stores.  Always thought her styles were for working women in all age groups.

As for Denim & Co, most definitely all age groups.

I'm still trying to figure out where Logo fits in...young or older.  

Don't know what type of bras Millennials wear that are so different from Breezies.  They are pretty standard types of bras.  Other brands are being carried now online.  

I agree much of the clothing QVC sells on air looks the same, same styles, same designers, repeatedly.  It's a common complaint here.  

As for beauty, rarely watch.  All of them say their miracle creams and makeup work better than others.  Also, too much of it on air.    

I think it's a mistake to give hosts their own programs.  They are not the reason I would watch or buy anything.  I also don't like pairing them.  Often they are not compatible with each other.  

I do think since it's on TV, home shopping should be entertaining in some way.  It's a reason to tune in and hang around; however, instead QVC is often irritating causing shoppers to change the channel.  If they aren't watching, they aren't buying.  

Honored Contributor

I don't care who hosts a show.  I care about the products.  Most of us could recite the spheels since they show the same products, or variations of, week after week after week.  I rarely watch anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I don't care who hosts a show.  I care about the products.  Most of us could recite the spheels since they show the same products, or variations of, week after week after week.  I rarely watch anymore.  

@CalminHeart   I agree except I do care who is hosting.  If they act childish, talk a mile a minute, jump up and down, giggle all the time, baby talk and generally act unprofessional, it's an immediate "change the channel".  And I know who they are.

If I see on the program guide who is hosting, I don't even tune in.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm one of the old shoppers and have to say I do miss some of the old hosts and programming.  Some of it I still enjoy but  for the most part the programming IMO, is absolutely adnauseum, repititious and boring.  Especially at Christmas time.

Valued Contributor

It is difficult to please all generations and personal preferences with products and fashion.  QVC tries to please.  I just hope one day they start moving the products a little faster and have more variety.  An hour one one item no longer works for busy folks.  And stop with the constant easy pay interruptions, prices going up in one hour, end of the day, end of the week,  food of the month, last order of the season, can no longer order, size updates, colors available.  It is on screen and does not need to dominate the information.  And if you are presenting a tee shirt we want to see the shirt....not a scarf or shrug!  Asking each and every model their height and size is annoying.  We can kind of see who is tall, who is short, etc.