Contributor

QVC needs to evaluate shipping costs and process

I understand that shipping is never actually free but at no other online retailer (that I shop at) is it so expensive. I wanted to purchase 2 wood carved boxes earlier for just under $20 a pc but shipping would have been $11. That makes no sense. I would never spend that much on shipping two items from the same place that I don't need right away.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC needs to evaluate shipping costs and process

How is that a QVC problem?  We're all adults, it's up to the customers to evaluate shipping charges and decide for ourselves if we will buy or not buy.  It's not that hard.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

How is that a QVC problem?  We're all adults, it's up to the customers to evaluate shipping charges and decide for ourselves if we will buy or not buy.  It's not that hard.

@chrystaltree

And that's exactly what she did from reading her post, but doesn't she have the right to voice her opinion here like everyone else?

I really don't get the condescending tone of your post.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think QVC did evaluate their s&h charges and decided they would charge all the traffic would bear.  Yes, @slt79 , there has been more than a little discussion about this; I don't think it's going to get any better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes.  Charging for shipping is a silly game that QVC plays.   It's so much easier to see a price and know that shipping is included.  I mean we all know it has to be shipped so there is absolutely no point in not including that unless you think people are too stupid to figure it out.

Qvc is falling behind the times with their marketing and it really shows.  Soon us older shoppers won't be around to market to, and the silly thing is we all shop online with others any way.  

I mean how long since you sent in a check?  LOL!!!

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is challenging moderation

Contributor

@chrystaltreeI posted this in the "suggestion box" as a suggestion. Please relax and try not to let these posts upset you. We're just talking about shopping Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I can say(& have said ad nauseum that shipping to HI (& AK of course, is 3 to 4 times higher than mainland shipping), BUT in saying that I love shopping at the Q, there are certain brands that I buy that I don’t hesitate to click the Speed Buy button on, even when I see that magical $16.47 shipping cost, BECAUSE I love the product and WANT it. Indeed when there is a free shipping event I go “hog wild” and stock up. For example, the last WEN TSV day, Chaz offered to cover shipping (hence, free shipping). By the end of the day after the Speed Buy button got a workout, I saved ~$117 in shipping. Because of my love for the product, I still would have bought most of the items, regardless of shipping cost, but maybe not as much as I did buy with free shipping. To me, it all boils down to the final cost of the product (item, S&H, sales tax). If the total cost is still a good buy, I go for it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

OP, I agree with you. There are many times that I've wanted to buy multiples of something and I not only refuse to pay the ridiculous shipping, but I end up deciding not to buy anything. I prefer to see a separate shipping charge, rather than "free shipping" in the cost, but I wish QVC would offer some type of shipping discount or "free" shipping over $_______ some dollar amount.