Honored Contributor

QVC WEBSITE DESIGNERS - PLEASE EXPLAIN

WHY you went ahead with starting the new forums WITHOUT FULL FUNCTIONING FOR iPADS/all tablets and WHY you force users to sign in CONSTANTLY to use the forums?

I would honestly like to have responses from the Social Team. QVC is consistently going for the younger, hipper, more internet-savvy shopper. You try hard all day long, everywhere QVC has a presence to convince everyone that QVC is soooo hip, hap'nin' and With It. Facebook. Twitter. Shopping via phone apps. Join us here, join us there. Follow is here and there and everywhere, easy as pie, anyone can do it.

NOT IF YOU USE AN iPad! How could you POSSIBLY launch the new forums as NON-FUNCTIONING for iPads and other tablets, when all along you have been touting, announcing, and specifically stating pre-launch that the new site would be iPad/tablet friendly AT LAUNCH? It just boggles the mind. What is QVC's reasoning behind this, please? I honestly want to understand why QBC thought this was a good idea.

And why is CONSTANTLY HAVING TO SIGN IN the New Normal for the forums? You do understand that people are on many different devices and platforms throughout their day, right? QVC wants and expects to be followed by the same person on laptops, phones, tablets, etc. So why the constant sign-ins?

I'm so sorry I had to "shout" within this email, but QVC's almost total lack of formatting options for iPad/phone/tablet users left me little choice.

Can iPad/tablet users please have an ANSWER more elucidating than "we're working diligently"?
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC WEBSITE DESIGNERS - PLEASE EXPLAIN

I agree, the constant signing-in is a major deterrent.

Contributor

Is it only iPads that aren't working? I am using a Kindle HD and it works fine.  My phone is a Samsung  Galaxy Note 4 and the mobile version also  looks great.  

Honored Contributor

I only have an iPad. So I can't answer that for sure. It certainly is true of iPads/phones. I have also seen some posts by Android users who don't have all features. But you bring up an interesting point. If it IS only iPad/phone users it might then have something to do with having the software fully vetted by Apple.
Respected Contributor

This is not an App so it does not have to be approved by Apple. It runs off of browsers. They must have built it on a PC platform. I am not a techie so forgive me. Hopefully the iPad functionality will be activated in the coming week. I hope.
Trusted Contributor

I think the whole roll out is a disaster.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Not an app for PC users, Shawnie, but not sure it might not end up being sn app only for iPad users.

I just don't understand why they rolled this thing out at all without the functionality that was heralded out of the box. Not ready yet, don't launch it yet. It's not like forum participants were begging QVC for the new forum 😏
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
I only have an iPad. So I can't answer that for sure. It certainly is true of iPads/phones. I have also seen some posts by Android users who don't have all features. But you bring up an interesting point. If it IS only iPad/phone users it might then have something to do with having the software fully vetted by Apple.

I tried something. I used a Chrome browser to see how it would work in Apple, and Android devices. I went to Dell's Community Forum. They too use a text editor feature in a reply.

I found Apple devices do not have text editor features in a reply and Android devices do.

Honored Contributor

I always thought that a tablet was something to use in a pinch .... and not take the place of a real  desktop or laptop.  Don't you have a laptop?   

Maybe you need a different browser?   

Honored Contributor

Nutmeg - I use Chrome for iOS, but I have tried the forum with Safari (which they *guaranteed* us would work) and a couple of other browsers as well and nothing works. At this point I am beginning think it's an "approval" issue.