Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips  Agree.  I'd rather hear "dollars."  She also constantly says "cuz" instead of "because."   

Respected Contributor

Smart cookie that Shawn.  Nobody wants to part with their hard earned "Dollars" these days but saying "Bucks" distances the thoughts from your budget to just spending a few bucks on something you jou just want.  C'mon, it'll be fun, it's just a few bucks.

Respected Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

Is there anyone who listens to Shawn talk about money use bucks rather than dollars? I can't tale this so I change the channel. Smiley Frustrated

@Bella2022   

Looks like you need to learn how to spell before posting.

Respected Contributor

Oh great, another pile on Shawn thread, with no regard for those who may enjoy watching her. That insults the viewer, too. We all have our favorites and those less so.

That said, I respect the viewers who like hosts that I prefer not to watch. I also avoid saying negative things about hosts, in general, for this very reason.  

Lastly, women need to support other women, not try to tear them down. We would never see men sitting around talking about other men in this way. They don't play that game. Why do we feel this is necessary? 

Esteemed Contributor

Men play exactly the same game.

Only with a slightly modified different rule book.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager I've observed countless men's behaviors in my family and workplace. If they have something negative to say, they'll just say it directly to the person and move on. They also don't bring it back up again, over and over. They're done.

I can't recall ever having to pull a male coworker aside to tell them to stop gossiping. In fact, some of them complained about witnessing it. Unfortunately, not the same for the women.

Maybe it's the modified 'different' rule book making issues appear a little more acceptable. We probably ought to look at that book Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

It does seem rather crude.  She's not the most polished, so it's not surprising.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pronuncition

[ Edited ]

@Bella2022 

I haven't noticed .... but your heading refers to her "pronuncition" (sic) - does she not pronounce "bucks" properly?

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

Is there anyone who listens to Shawn talk about money use bucks rather than dollars? I can't tale this so I change the channel. Smiley Frustrated

@Bella2022  - Do you mean you can't "take" it anymore?  Or do you really have a tale to tell about her pronunciation of the word "bucks"?

In answer to what you ask:  no, it doesn't bother me which word she uses.  If you simply don't like this particular host, for whatever reason, that's a different conversation.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It does seem rather crude.  She's not the most polished, so it's not surprising.

Oh how very true in so many ways. But the goodie two shoes on here just hate when you give an opinion, but that's ok with me, because I totally agree with you,. would never spend my time watching the "COOL ONE". When she's on I'm off.