Regular Contributor

Well I’ve had it!!!

[ Edited ]

OK, I'm divorcing from the q!  I was boxing up 3 items of clothing that I ordered 2-3 weeks ago, and noticed that there is a charge of $8.95 to return each one, plus the $3.50 that I already paid to have each on sent to me.  That's $36.35!!!  That's TOO MUCH! I'm going to stop watching on thane online, so that I'm not tempted...l am not throw money away!!!  Bye bye q!!

I might not have explained it, but All 3 items were returned in one box.  They were lightweight clothes!!

Esteemed Contributor

are you buying things you 'want'....or things you 'need.'  i haven't made any 'want' purchases in 2 years......shopping my closet....i'm retired....mostly a homebody.....so i'm wearing what i already have.....it's made a big difference in my fixed income.....and i'm happy making use of what i already own......jmo.....

Honored Contributor

Take them to the post office and mail them yourself.  You don't have to use the pre-paid label.  You have until the end of January to mail them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  wrote: Take them to the post office and mail them yourself.  You don't have to use the pre-paid label.  You have until the end of January to mail them. 

Taking a return to the post office turned out negative for me. I returned a item I bought in August, never opened the box but I could not print a return label from my laptop for some reason  The item was $65. When I opened the box there was a small return label not like the regular return label I have seen before so I decided to pay for the return myself and send it back via USPS vs UPS (thought it would be cheaper) The post office charged me $39.95 !! I was shocked but went ahead and sent it thinking it may cost more @ UPS. When I verified QVC had received the item, they had only refunded me $51 (it had been paid in full, no balance due)  So now I am out of $54 total. I called QVC and a very nice CS rep updated my return so I got my full $65 back. So that's my USPS return story, out almost 40 bucks

Esteemed Contributor

Can't you send them back in one box? I really don't know because i rarely return anything.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Well I’ve had it!!!

[ Edited ]

@Flady1 wrote:

OK, I'm divorcing from the q!  I was boxing up 3 items of clothing that I ordered 2-3 weeks ago, and noticed that there is a charge of $8.95 to return each one, plus the $3.50 that I already paid to have each on sent to me.  That's $36.35!!!  That's TOO MUCH! I'm going to stop watching on thane online, so that I'm not tempted...l am not throw money away!!!  Bye bye q!!

@Flady1 What "cured" me was when I pictured myself handing a sales clerk $6 - $8 to try something on in the fitting room.  

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes    People are often shocked that postal rates have increased so much.  Usually the return label price is a bargain plus the USPS will pick it up, saving a trip to the post office. 

Yes, you should watch your refund as QVC often mistakenly charges for the label even if you pay, however, CS will cheerfully refund the difference. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Flady1 This isn't the airport. No need to announce your departure!

Honored Contributor

Re: Well I’ve had it!!!

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids 

Ahh, I had the same kind of thought, but could never have expressed it as eloquently as you did. LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I stole it! Saw it posted on the Jeopardy! FB page ages ago and like it. It's classic!