Occasional Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

What I love about QVC is that they DO offer the more expensive brands (shoes, handbags) which are quality items.... and offer easy pay.  While I don't over do it, I

do take advantage of these items once in awhile because spreading the payment out

over 5 months or so allows me to own it when I wouldn't buy it at the brick & mortar price. I do watch for clearance items.... and I keep strict track of what I have on easy pays and when I've paid it off.  

But I agree regarding the super-thin materials and the pricing...(example S.G. items) but again, having sewn my entire life I've seen the rise in the cost of materials (all of them), the rise in costs of everything else you need to make the item, buttons, elastic, facing, pattern, etc. etc.... but I rarely buy clothing off the Q anymore.  My last purchase was a D & C Sherpa zip front coat ($54 I think) that I loved so much I did order another color).....

So there it is for me... kind of a love/hate relationship......  Woman Wink

True, but I'd rather have a sale on designer items than easy pay. 

Today was was the big community sale at one of the local stores. I bought two Calvin Klein tops, two Chaps (Ralph Lauren co.) tops and a pair of pants for $71 and change. The Q can't top that.

Respected Contributor

I am more than willing to pay top dollar for any item that is well made, fits me and/or will pay for itself by being a well used item in my wardrobe, kitchen, workshop or wherever the item will be used.

Lately, I have not purchased much from QVC as their quality has slipped so drastically, especially in their clothing. Sorry QVC.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

I do believe they are catering to a different demographic now, as the mix of product has definitely climbed to more "upscale" offerings.  I enjoy watching some of the designer brands and I am glad they are offered.  However I resent that they have kicked their more economical lines to the curb.  (Just try to find a handbag for under $100 - unless you want nylon!)

Even more annoying to me is when they have an inexpensive item to sell, they make you buy a set of 2 to get the price-point up where they want it.  Who really wants to buy sets of 2 dresses, when so many of us might wear one in a year if we're lucky?  Even on a basic T-shirt, the colors you want are rarely packaged together, so you have to decide if you want to buy 4 to get the 2 you want.  Basically it's buy one really expensive thing, and have to take something you don't want with it - most of the time. 

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

QVC is way to high on several items.  The whole Susan Graver line costs more than any of it is worth!  It's mostly cheap polyester, stuff you can find at any large 'mart' store.  It doesn't even flatter the designer, or the models!  Denim & Company has slowly been going up, too.  I just pass on most of them.  The only saving grace is, Denim & Company is made well.  I wish the Q would realize, for day to day wear, many of us just can't afford what they are charging now.  I for one, won't buy clothing if it takes easy pay to do so.  That just doesn't make good sense!

Contributor

I find the LOGO items to be priced pretty steeply.

Contributor
And $49/$50 for a t-shirt to wear around the house is a little pricey too. I have just started a 31-day of no shopping and I have slipped twice since I started last Saturday -- today is one week and one day strong or should I say weak weak :-( however I'm getting on that horse again and this time I am sticking to it. QVC you're going to miss me.
Contributor

qvc you have gotten way way too high and by the time you add s&h ,tax it totally too much

Contributor

I AGREE - QUALITY DOWN, PRICES HAVE GONE UP. QVC IS NO BARGIN ANYMORE!

Contributor

FALSE ADVERTING SUITS ON QVC ARE ON THE RISE!