Honored Contributor

PLEASE Do Something About Product Reviews!

[ Edited ]

QVC---PLEASE do something about the product reviews---when I go online and read reviews I want to hear about the product---performance, sizing, fabrication, and about the PRODUT itself..... But mostly what I am finding in reviews these days is NOTHING about the product itself, instead its all about shipping delays, or clothing sold out of a specific size and/or color!!!  This is NOT a product review!!!  

1. You say these reviews are being read before being posted, but apparently they are NOT!!!  Please DO NOT  even post the complaints about shipping delays, or complaints about lack of inventory in certain sizes or colors! These inappropriate reviews are bringing down the ratings of the products which isnt appropriate nor fair to the vendors and customers!  Some items may have gotten a Customer Top Rated designation if it werent for the inappropriate reviews. 

2. Move the Review Guidelines to the top of the Review Box and have the Reviewer check a box that the Guidelines have been read: (Here's the guidelines Im talking about)---

In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.

When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

• Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
  • Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
  • All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Use

Here's an example that doesnt even make sense, ITEM A378093----  It's a verified purchase alright, but the customer never got the item, and since the delivery was scheduled for after her vacation so when she receives it shes sending it back.....but its a verified purchase--what good does this do..and the review isnt on the product itself ......LOL 

Capture.PNG

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE Do Something About Product Reviews!

@Spurt  nothing wrong with what you are asking but just like here on the Forum, writers do what they want or what they hope they can get away with.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    Dream on girlfriend.  As you know there have been many complaints like yours which are soundly ignored.  Common sense suggest that many "reviews" are not legitimate, yet QVC is ordering them posted anyway.  It's strange because many are critical of QVC operations and only hurt them while not helping those looking for reviews.  They serve no purpose whatsoever. 

Don't expect any amazing, fabulous changes.  I doubt if you do.  Too bad nobody reads these posts but us customers. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@Spurt  nothing wrong with what you are asking but just like here on the Forum, writers do what they want or what they hope they can get away with.  

@millieshops 

If the writer thinks they can "get away with it" let the REVIEWER waste their time writing something thats not going to be posted rather than a prospective buyer wading through all these inappropriate reviews!  And also not fair to the vendor who might have received a "Customer Top Rated" designation if it weren't for these inappropriate reviews!

If there's a delay in posting the reviews and if they are verifying purchase it means someone is reading these reviews and they shouldnt even be posted...something in their process is falling through the cracks and needs to be changed....Isnt this what the Suggestion Box is about....asking for a friend...🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops    The difference is, we have mods on the forums who assure rule-breakers DON'T get aways with it.  On the reviews, there's nobody to assure compliance with the guidelines.  It's a free-for-all and a big mess. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    Dream on girlfriend.  As you know there have been many complaints like yours which are soundly ignored.  Common sense suggest that many "reviews" are not legitimate, yet QVC is ordering them posted anyway.  It's strange because many are critical of QVC operations and only hurt them while not helping those looking for reviews.  They serve no purpose whatsoever. 

Don't expect any amazing, fabulous changes.  I doubt if you do.  Too bad nobody reads these posts but us customers. 

@Kachina624 

My mom always said, "never be afraid to ask".....!!!!  And this has become a pet peeve of mine...

Esteemed Contributor

Just skip over those which doesn't apply to what you're looking for.........simple.

When you see shipping complaint.......move on to another Review.

When I see - sizing is off -  - - example:  sizing is off...........I'm pear shape and it didn't fit good - - well I know I'm NOT pear shape so that person's Review doesn't apply to me

For me it might be  perfect 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt Ignoring reviews works for you but it clearly doesn't work for the OP. She would rather offer improvement suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    A suggestion.  When this post has run its course, as it's author you might ask the mods to forward it to the appropriate department.  Somebody might accidentally pick it up and read it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    A suggestion.  When this post has run its course, as it's author you might ask the mods to forward it to the appropriate department.  Somebody might accidentally pick it up and read it. 

@Kachina624 

Good suggestion! Putting it here on the Forums and getting a lot of hearts shows Im not the only one thinking changes need to be made.. I can also put it in the Feedback Form....they say they forwarded those comments to the appropriate Department......