Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE Do Something About Product Reviews!

@Spurt  -  If QVC paid as much attention to the reviews as they do to moderating this forum, just think how reliabe to ratings and reviews would be?

The review situation is out of control and ratings are not accurate.  Why let this continue to happen??

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Came here specifically to look for a thread like this..because...just now...am looking for a particular kind of Vionic sneaker I'd seen at Nordstrom's and wondering if QVC carries any similar Vionics.

Well, item A451519 looks similar, I'm interested, I see "2 stars only"...hm? What's wrong with them?  Well, it only has one review, 2 stars....but the complaint...doesn't come in wide widths. Ok, valid, I realize customer wanted them and is disappointed Vionic, who usually offer wide widths, didn't in this one. BUT that is not a review of the product! Like you bought it, tried it and hated it for whatever reason-- quality, bad fit, ugly, cheap materials.  Not a 2-star review, on a product you have not even purchased, and are just upset they didn't have wide widths!

I see stuff like this all the time that bring down ratings. Such as the well-known, often done "MY SHIPMENT CAME SO LATE!!", that brought SO many ratings down this past year.

So...I hear ya @Spurt and feel your pain. QVC REALLY SHOULD...IF they want their reviews to mean anything...really review the system, make the parameters, basically, fix it. 

@amyb 

Everything you said and adding, they sold out of my favorite color---now what kind of a review is that 😒....Im surprised vendors dont complain about some of these inappropriate reviews that are even against the review Guidelines but remain online....Im sure many miss out on a top customer review rating because of these...SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Spurt  -  If QVC paid as much attention to the reviews as they do to moderating this forum, just think how reliabe to ratings and reviews would be?

The review situation is out of control and ratings are not accurate.  Why let this continue to happen??

@San Antonio Gal 

A few months back I even wrote a thread about it and posted it in the SUGGESTION BOX part of the Forum and it received a lot of positive comments agreeing with what I said,and i even sent it to QVC's Feedback Form on the website begging them "fix it".....but Q's not listening.....SMH!

• The Suggestion Box forum is here for you – We strive to continually improve your experience with QVC and appreciate your suggestions. If you have suggestions, or questions, please post them here and we will do our best to respond.  (Yah right 🙄)
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

This has been an ongoing complaint for years now.  I'd rather see no reviews than a review by someone who doesn't even own the product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

@Spurt 

This has been an ongoing complaint for years now.  I'd rather see no reviews than a review by someone who doesn't even own the product.

@Bri369 

You have to go to independent consumer reports to get accurate reviews....SMH!!! 

Its like the Dyson vendor that doesnt give complete information saying the cordless vaccum can run for an hour, but she doesnt say thats only on a LOW setting and on CLEAN carpets or hard floors on a HIGH setting it runs for only 8 to 10 minutes SMH....  Now I noticed a competitor has picked up the truth about Dyson and includes that info in their ad when a customer talks about purchasing a high priced brand and it only ran a few minutes....LOL..(but the ad doesnt mention the specific brand)...And now on Dyson's latest cordless model QVC's website says--- "actual run time varies based on power mode, floor type, and/or attachments used"....of course the vendor doesn't mention this ON-AIR!!! 🙄

Respected Contributor

I agree with you 100%.  The ones that you are describing that should not be posted, I simply ignore them.

A product I've been buying for over a decade, I see reviews on some of these things that are out and out lies.  I can relatively sift through the reviews that I consider trolls or just oh, what's the word I'm looking for.  The ones that are extremely negative.  I think these are either competition or just trolling.

If I'm interested in an item that's a "blind date" I will use my own judgment.  I can rely on this with no problem.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt Excellent explanation of why reviews need to be weeded out for inappropriate content. As a customer, it's irritating to see a rating compromised by irrelevant complaints on CS issues. After their ignoring many valid and well written posts on this issue posted in a forum specifically designated for suggested improvement, my take away is that the only group that can have any influence on management to enforce their review policies is the vendors. If they got fed up and complained en mass something might change.

EXACTLY!!!

Super Contributor

Oddly, I am a "verified buyer" and my last 10 or so reviews never got published?  Why?  Was I banished from being too honest.  I only discuss sizing issues in clothing, and functional issues with household goods. 

Respected Contributor

Just found another...A Temptations item I was interested in. Saw only 1 star...it's a simple covered baker, I thought what could be wrong...was it the usual complaints of sloppy paint, made in China etc?

Only one review. 1 star.  Made you think something was wrong with the item at first glance. Review...customer is upset that she owns "eggplant Temptations pieces and this wasn't offered in eggplant." Again...not saying I don't feel for her collecting a color that no longer is offered...been there done that...hello Yellow, and lilac...both now gone...and where I started with Temptations. I then had to switch to confetti to tye into my other pieces. But item reviews is not the place to address that! Maybe questions. Maybe contact Temptations customer service.

I have enough Temptations and use what I have, but this one round baker was maybe going to replace an old Cooks Essentials one. That review was useless.

I wrote a comment in the Questions as to why Mods don't fix this system. But I don't have high expectations it will be resolved anytime soon.

Trusted Contributor

@MarcyG72 wrote:

Oddly, I am a "verified buyer" and my last 10 or so reviews never got published?  Why?  Was I banished from being too honest.  I only discuss sizing issues in clothing, and functional issues with household goods. 

Same thing happened to me.  They do review the reviews so to me they can weed out.  If have time to go through new reviews to see if it reads well, then they can pull out the irrellevant ones.