Honored Contributor

Re: Not thrilled with this automatic Easy Pay thing when using the Q card...

never use speed buy and love that qvc has an easy way to pay off in full if you desire.....just go to order status OR call customer service if you want to pay in full.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I order by automated phone ordering alot, but I also wish they gave us an option to choose whether we want easy pay or not.  The recording does say that if easy pay is being offered on the item, that is how we will be charged, but I wish we could opt in or out of easy pay when using the automatic phone ordering.

Honored Contributor

Be careful about phone ordering just before Christmas when they have the higher priced shipping option for "get-there-by-Christmas" delivery. 

I placed an order for a couple of items during that time window but didn't want or expect them to come before Christmas.  However, when I clicked on the phone button to agree to "easy pay and all other options" apparently the options also included the extra charge for the faster delivery.  Thank goodness I listened to the order total because it shocked me.

So then I had to run to my computer to cancel it, and reorder with a regular shipping charge and regular shipping time.

A nuisance, not earth-shaking, but a nuisance.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It's very easy to go into your account and pay in full if you do put something on easypay.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.   Not a big deal, at all.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm not particularly interested in using Easy Pay on anything and dislike the extra step of "disengaging" it when I want to make a purchase with Speed Buy (which is basically always.)  It's much too easy to forget to do this when I'm in a hurry.

There are a variety of options, so there's no way they can make it a press one button and you're done purchase.    Nevertheless, it takes less than 60 seconds .... and you can call Customer Service if you make a mistake.    If I were you, I wouldn't use speed buy, because it "makes assumptions".

Regular Contributor

@millieshops - While I don't know their database structure, it always should have been possible.  They would just need to add a payment preference field to each user's profile. But they probably don't find it worth the time and effort to both code and maintain.

Honored Contributor

@HangingTenOK, I do see how they might do it.

Of course, if they put that in the profile, we'd very soon be seeing someone complaining they forgot their profile said no EZPays and now they can't get it.

I don't buy nearly enough to get upset if i have to make one extra click to complete a sale.  In fact, I like to move slowly -  prevents another tiny bit of impulse buying which the Internet generally really loved -  the corporate part of the Internet way more than the buyers!

Honored Contributor

Just to clarify, I never said it was difficult to change the order to one payment; just easy to forget.  It seems that a Speed Buy option should not be designed so that you have to opt OUT of something.  It should be the simplest most straight-forward way to make a purchase.