Honored Contributor

Not thrilled with this automatic Easy Pay thing when using the Q card...

[ Edited ]

I'm not particularly interested in using Easy Pay on anything and dislike the extra step of "disengaging" it when I want to make a purchase with Speed Buy (which is basically always.)  It's much too easy to forget to do this when I'm in a hurry.

Super Contributor

Re: Not thrilled with this automatic Easy Pay thing when using the Q card...

I agree.  I bought a couple of things on speed buy with my non-Q card and I see they are on easy pay.  I am going to look at my account and change it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I never use speed buy as it automatically applies easy pay if available. It is just as easy to go through regular checkout and select easy pay if that is what you want compared to going back to the order status and changing things.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I think that either the buyers who do want EZPay or those who don't want it would have an extra click.

While I don't remember ever using any of the special offers for EZP{ay, I always use it when it's on the item I'm buying.  I don't want an extra click to have to accept it.

I assume right now there are more of me than thee -and that's why they do it automatically.

Is there a way they could avoid either side from having to click an extra time?  The little bit of programming I learned years ago would have said no, but everything I know about programming is from many years ago.

Honored Contributor

I like HSN's way better.  They default to single pay.  

Honored Contributor

It's very easy to go into your account and pay in full if you do put something on easypay.

Honored Contributor

@MadameQueen wrote:

I agree.  I bought a couple of things on speed buy with my non-Q card and I see they are on easy pay.  I am going to look at my account and change it.  

That may have been because the item was being offered on Easy Pay that day.  Unfortunately, Speed Buy automatically defaults to Easy Pay when it is offered on an item.

This new development of defaulting automatically to three Easy Pays when you use your Q Card has been around for a few months now.  And as I'm sure everyone realizes, it's just a way to get you to spend more money.

New Contributor

Over the past several years I have called Customer Service to try and get them to block easy pay on my account. The first Rep said she would do it but never did.  I hate having to go through several extra steps whenever I order  just to get a single payment.  Although, it has saved me a lot of money because I realized I didn't want the product enough to go through all the hassel of ordering. Maybe someday the Q will realize how much money this is costing them and allow us to block "evil pay".

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  When I buy off my phone, I automatically get easy pay.  I don't even get a choice.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]