Contributor

I have been with QVC for a little over 2 years. I have bought way too many things and have appreciated being able to shop from home as i live in a small town without many stores to choose from. I have noticed things going downhill in the short time that I have been shopping with you, I am sorry to say. The hosts, customer service, and the shipping.

If you ask me, the new way is not working. It's not fun shopping there anymore. When I see something at QVC, I check at Amazon and order it there and know I will get it in one or 2 days instead of 10 days or 2 weeks and it will be the same price. I have never had their merchandise come with someones perfume on it. I wish you had your old hosts and your old ways.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they're working on shipping times.I've noticed it getting better. I think that Q has improved a great deal! They have added so many more great lines and brands! I think the programming is much more upbeat and enjoyable. I'm just fine with telling people I bought something from Q at this time; that was certainly not the case with the Q a decade ago. I actually feel exactly the opposite of you in just about every respect.

Valued Contributor

Re: New Management

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with a lot of what you said. It is very frustrating to have things you order sit "in process" for days on end. Then to add insult to injury they ship via the USPS Innovations which also takes forever. You would think if its possible to ship out our items faster a company as large as the Q could figure it out!! I don't know.

I do enjoy shopping here, so I'll continue to do so, just wish the shipping aspect would improve. Even a little! lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

The shipping is definitely a problem but I really wish the hosts could be trained that we care more about the items being shown than the constant yaking about stuff.  I get so frustrated when they show foundation on someone but not tell the color she is wearing.  Don't tell me where I can wear this item.  I can figure it out myself.  I want to scream when I hear you can wear this pumpkin picking, out to lunch with friends, etc etc.   I also think that years ago there was more variety even though there was only one station.  I saw things I did not know I needed or wanted until I saw it.  Now it seems that it is the same thing over and over...Josie Maran, It cosmetics, Isaac  

Mizrahi, clarks shoes.  Don't get me wrong I like those products but would like more new brands.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First,  I can say I don't shop here or anywhere for "fun" - I shop for what I need and want and am always satisfied with my purchases here.  The shipping and tracking maybe could be better but I don't order anything that I want right away so it comes when it comes and that is ok with me.  All things change since to stay stagnant is not usually good for any business.  A host/salesperson is just that and personally I do like the newer hosts and the way all the hosts have evolved over the years.  Just posting to show that what things some complain about are not what every customer thinks.  I would think that there are far more like me but probably they do not post here since those who do are just a tiny fraction of those that purchase here.  If the time ever comes that I am dissatisfied with any business then I will shop where things are more to my liking.

Respected Contributor

I shop at the Q because I live in a place with limited shopping  and that makes sizing limited too.  I am not one that loves to shop, so online shopping is so much easier.  I have been shopping at the Q for over 20 plus years so I guess I can see the changes.  

Respected Contributor

@lynderae wrote:

I have been with QVC for a little over 2 years. I have bought way too many things and have appreciated being able to shop from home as i live in a small town without many stores to choose from. I have noticed things going downhill in the short time that I have been shopping with you, I am sorry to say. The hosts, customer service, and the shipping.

If you ask me, the new way is not working. It's not fun shopping there anymore. When I see something at QVC, I check at Amazon and order it there and know I will get it in one or 2 days instead of 10 days or 2 weeks and it will be the same price. I have never had their merchandise come with someones perfume on it. I wish you had your old hosts and your old ways.

You are right.  That’s where I go to see if they have the same item from either QVC or HSN.  Many times they do.  Right now I’m getting 20 % off of cosmetics at my local dept store and free shipping.  QVC was awesome in 1990.  There wasn’t as much competition in those days.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is telling that you can see the Change in QVC in 2 short years. Imagine those of us that have been here for decades! What you have said is true. The boring repetitive items, poor Customer Service, annoying hosts, high shipping and return costs and slow shipping. Just some of the reasons I very seldom purchase from the Q. That and Amazon does it all so much better.

Valued Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

The shipping is definitely a problem but I really wish the hosts could be trained that we care more about the items being shown than the constant yaking about stuff.  I get so frustrated when they show foundation on someone but not tell the color she is wearing.  Don't tell me where I can wear this item.  I can figure it out myself.  I want to scream when I hear you can wear this pumpkin picking, out to lunch with friends, etc etc.   I also think that years ago there was more variety even though there was only one station.  I saw things I did not know I needed or wanted until I saw it.  Now it seems that it is the same thing over and over...Josie Maran, It cosmetics, Isaac  

Mizrahi, clarks shoes.  Don't get me wrong I like those products but would like more new brands.  

Lori GoldsteinWoman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

A previous poster said it best.  In the "old" days, QVC had very little competition.  That's all changed now........shoppers have many choices.  The competition is strong, and QVC hasn't kept up with it IMO.

Laura loves cats!