Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

A previous poster said it best.  In the "old" days, QVC had very little competition.  That's all changed now........shoppers have many choices.  The competition is strong, and QVC hasn't kept up with it IMO.

---------------

I agree...so much competition.  All the more reason QVC needs to think ahead and make positive changes.  Some of the newer changes are just not making the company any better.....maybe take a look at other online 'stores' and see what is making these retailers click!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Management

[ Edited ]

I only shop here out of habit,once I can quit this habit I am gone!  I'm old so bad habits run deep..........lol

They take so long to ship items,I forget I bought them and many times I don't even want  the item anymore.Many of us (ME) buy on a whim something  we see on TV at the moment. I NEVER,EVER need the item!

I  think I was the first person to make an automatic order over the phone....lol.......I had been shopping here  since way  before QVC took over. I  spend close to  $ 2000 monthly here, down from $3000 or $4000 so I am getting better and my bill always  has been paid in full and  early every month for all these yrs!

Once I conquer this BAD habit I'm gone girl!!!!!!

Shipping is awful!!! Prices are too high!!!! Not being able to Cancel an order,even as the item does not ship for days and days is shameful and greedy!!!!  IMO

Honored Contributor

@lynderae.  There is not new management at QVC, if that's what you're trying to infer.  Same CEO they've had for years.

I've shopped at QVC for 25 years.  I've received dozens ofitems of returned clothing.  I've never received anything that was less than pristine; no perfume, no tissues in the pockets etc.

I have Amazon Prime and have had a number of unfortunate experiences with some of their vendors.  You have no idea where your merchandise has been or who has handled it.  I'll take QVC's dependability.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years.  Things are going downhill.  Shipping takes forever, and then the wrong item is shipped, and of course it is on waitlist when you call in.  This has happened to me 4 times this year .  When you order something expensive like a purse, it arrives in a box that is completely smushed.  There was a time you could select how you wanted an items shipped to you, UPS or US Mail.  That helped alot.  I also don't like when items that are not new, show up as new items.  That is misleading.  QVC must know some of us own the item already?

I also find the lineup has gotten kind of boring.  Perhaps 1 channel for clothing and accesories only, including jewelry, and a sperate chanel for household goods, cooking, outdoors, etc.  Different people like different things.

Contributor

I get it.  Where one person loves one thing about QVC, another one doesn't.  Whether it's the show hosts, merchandise, or personalities and etc.  None of us are going to agree on everything everyone has posted here.  QVC in my opinion has changed.....mostly to the better.  But returns can be a nightmare.  Someone else  wrote and said they've never ever had a problem with a return.  Well, I have. Actually, many times.  Maybe it depends on where you live.  Who knows?  In another post, someone told me to contact <Social.Team@qvc.com>, and I did just a few minutes ago.  I got my return credited immediately and I also got an exchange taken care of immediately.  On both issues, it was going on over a month that my bank account hadn't been credited even though my return had been sitting in the warehouse for over a month.  And no one bothered to even deal with my exchange.   I had called and called CS on both issues and all I got was a big fat nothing.  So, thank you to the person on this Blog who gave me the information concerning who to contact to get results.  It really worked !  And fast !

Honored Contributor

@wrenzee wrote:

I agree...returns are often a nightmare.

Trusted Contributor

Though I do the majority of my apparel shopping at Talbots, JCrew and Nordstrom, occasionally I will buy something at Qvc from the Isaac & Linea lines.  I also buy some of my Vionics from QVC.  Twice I received returns and one of the items stunk of  fabric softener.  I agree with the OP , I have never received anything like this from any other retailer.  In addition, if you do your homework on the brands that are not exclusive to QVC, you can find them (most of the time) for significantly less elsewhere.  Their shipping time continues to be the worst I have ever seen and there is no free shipping if you spend a certain amount etc.  One more point that I would like to make is that the Q for quality is no longer relevant.  I can no longer trust that the quality is there.  As a result of all of the above, I don’t shop here as often as I did in previous years.

Respected Contributor

@lynderae wrote:

I have been with QVC for a little over 2 years. I have bought way too many things and have appreciated being able to shop from home as i live in a small town without many stores to choose from. I have noticed things going downhill in the short time that I have been shopping with you, I am sorry to say. The hosts, customer service, and the shipping.

If you ask me, the new way is not working. It's not fun shopping there anymore. When I see something at QVC, I check at Amazon and order it there and know I will get it in one or 2 days instead of 10 days or 2 weeks and it will be the same price. I have never had their merchandise come with someones perfume on it. I wish you had your old hosts and your old ways.

I've been shopping on QVC for many years now and I can honestly say I've cut down A LOT.  It's not because of the hosts (what they say or anything like that), if I like something then I like it.  Nothing else has really anything to do with it.  It's just that I'm really not finding anything I really like and I'm in the thought of mind that I can find something nicer at a better price point some place else.  I agree about the shipping, I hope QVC takes a good look at that and try to improve upon it.  It really has a lot to do about warehouses and fullfilment centers.  QVC only has four (all on the East Coast)...Virginia, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and North Carolina.  Whereas Amazon has 75 in North America alone. 

Trusted Contributor

@ScrapHappy - QVC also has a warehouse in Ontario, California.

I don't think QVC does as high a volume of business that Amazon does.

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@ScrapHappy - QVC also has a warehouse in Ontario, California.

I don't think QVC does as high a volume of business that Amazon does.

Did not know about the California and Ontario warehouses.  I agree, QVC does not do nearly the amount of business that Amazon does.  When it comes to getting items to customers, warehouses and fullfilment centers are key.  My husband worked for a company that was way smaller than QVC and had more warehouses scattered throughout the US.  He was the CIO and making sure the warehouses were on line and fullfiling orders was crucial. The relationship with UPS was also important because UPS was always raising their prices (even charging for fuel), which got passed onto the customer.