Occasional Contributor

Kourtney needs to do the same, she needs to shut up and let the reps get a word in edge wise

Contributor

How funny you should mention Cathy. At first I thought she was a valley girl because of the way she speaks, but heard that she is from Florida. Pretty girl, but I agree. Too hyper. Uses the same phrases over and over, and a lot of "ums" wonder why QVC doesn't do voice testing. Comes across as trying to imitate Shawn. 

Super Contributor
Amal from Any Body murders the word cotton also.i spend PLENTY at the Q and they never listen to me either.
Frequent Contributor

Yes, one of the new hosts and a couple of designers say "cot-in" for cotton and "but-in" for button, which is poor grammer. Very weird and distracting. 

Occasional Contributor

ghetto

Respected Contributor

are you here to be unkind?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

Alex Butler is by far the worst host they have!!! I've tried watching her, but she screams no matter what she's selling. Plus, she's terrible for using that ghetto slang. I guess she's trying to be cool or hip. I just can't believe she made the top five! 

Respected Contributor

@code99 Oh this drives me crazy too!! "cot-in" & "but-in". If you will notice, Dennis Basso pronounces the same way, & at times I have heard Susan Graver sounding the same. I have not watched much QVC in quite awhile. Lately I have seen a few new hosts & do not care for what I've seen/heard from them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was reading about Cathy P. and she said her family was from Miami. They emigrated from Cuba. Knowing this fact, I think she speaks very well without any cuban accent. We are not talking Ricky Ricardo accent here, so what if she cannot pronounce cotton and button in a concise manner. 

Also, many people pronounce words differently due to regional up bringing.