New Contributor

What is happening,no class,very chatty and arms back and forth.Hate to watch.Have turned down or change.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree.  They have no decorum, whatever comes out of their mouth is just said..   Their presentations are very haphazardly done..  I turn off the TV especially if they are presenting in the very early morning hours.

Esteemed Contributor

Nerve racking but since I am trying to overcome my addiction to the Q,I am happy to change the chanel!

They talk too much and the presentations are much too long............imo

Valued Contributor

I might be in the minority here but I have watched all the new hosts and I really like all of them.  I think they are all doing a great job.  It is probably hard at first to think of something new to say and not repeat yourself too much while presenting a product.  I'm sure 3 minutes seem like 15 minutes when you have to fill the time.

Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

It's not budunn..it's button... I have no idea what language she's speaking. They must be right out of high school. Never boiled an egg probably... We on the W. Coast get the practice runs of all the newbies so no more staying up for me. The number drops 80% of viewers on line at these hours (midnight PT) so we're not important...sighhh. Wish them all luck. I'm out----->> So is my $.

ETA...

......................I went back and read up on this new host and boy was I wrong...she's a cooking pro...

Why she (CP) seems so silly / confused / giddy / hyper, with the chef early this am, I have no idea. I don't get it. (A lot of positive points with the hosts but it's not shining through at all imho)

-Not even with the long time troopers.- Q's lost the magic 4 me.

CATHY P qvc.JPG

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@Goody2shoez wrote:

It's not budunn..it's button... I have no idea what language she's speaking. They must be right out of high school. Never boiled an egg probably... We on the W. Coast get the practice runs of all the newbies so no more staying up for me. The number drops 80% of viewers on line at these hours (midnight PT) so we're not important...sighhh. Wish them all luck. I'm out----->> So is my $.

It sounds like buh-un to me, @cbrite. What will they do with the more difficult words?  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I also do most of my Q watching during the off hours like someone else mentioned. If you watch during the 2 a.m. to 6a.m. slot (east coast time) you are going to see all the new hosts, repeatedly.

And like someone else mentioned the whole "button" and "cotton" thing was driving me bananas. I posted about it on one of these threads a few weeks ago about new hosts.

However, I realized a couple of days ago that Dr. Navarro on the Weather Channel does the same thing (she was saying "mountain") and I believe she is one smart cookie. I admire and respect her knowledge, so that made me rethink the whole "button" fiasco.

I'm guessing it is some type of regional dialect (?), and it's probably engrained in their speech pattern. I have the same thing in my own speech. I mispronounce "water" and "daughter", as does my Mother. We add an extra "r"....w-a-r-t-e-r. I've tried to correct it when speaking in meetings and before groups of people, but inevitably I slide right back into the wrong pronounciation.

I'm now trying to be more understanding/accepting of the "button" thing, but if I am honest it grates on my nerves something terrible. It will be a constant battle for me, but I will continue to fight the good fight Smiley Tongue.......

as I drink my glass of warter

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor

I am also in that post midnight time with the new hosts--- First it would be great if QVC would put the Host's name on TV so we can better ID them. There are a couple that look very similar to me.

And second-- I agree with the sloppy speech that others have noticed.; alot of "gunna" "wanna" etc. When I was in High School a teacher gave me good advice that was very hard to hear at the time--- He told me that I was very intelligent but my accent causes people to stop listening to what I am saying and rather they focus on how I am saying. It felt like the harshest criticism at the time but I realized later when I went on job interviews that to speak correctly, politely , intelligently are necessary life skills/ job skills.

He also recommended that I read Elements of Style by Strunk & White to keep my speech and writing on point.  FWIW

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy two of them, Kourtney especially, but my issues with the other two is they never shut their mouths and it's hard for a vendor to present the feaatures of their products.  They are the experts and I want to hear what they have to say.  Why have vendors on with a host who constantly takes over the entire presentation.

Occasional Contributor

I agree and spend plenty of money at QVC. Are you listening QVC?