Honored Contributor

Re: Moderators - New replies function is not working

I just noticed I'm not having the slow-down problems now that I'm using my iPad.  If this remains consistent it makes me wonder if the IT staff attempted to correct the iPad problems we've been reporting and in the process "broke the site" for other devices.  Remains to be seen.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

The forum listings are set up so that when you have read all of the posts in a particular thread, the thread name no longer appears in BOLD. -- But thats' not happening now. All of the threads in all of the forums are now in BOLD.

In addition, when you click on the "New" category, it used to automatically takes you to the first NEW post that you haven't read yet. Rigt now it indicated that i haven't read any of the posts, in any of the forums, EVER. -- So it's malfunctioning as well. 

I signed out of QVC and turned my laptop off.The I signed back in and the problem is still there. -- I did this three times.

What is different it that when I click on a new thread, it's now taking into account the posts that I've just read in the past few minutes.

@Melvin-QVC @Eva-QVC @Brittany-QVC @QVC_Team@Community_Team@Keyai @Beth-QVC  and other QVC Moderators, can you please give us an update on the situation? 

This lack of functionality makes it really difficult to read through the new replies to threads.

Thanks, in advance for your help here!!! 

Even though some of you are working through this weekend, I hope you are enjoying the Labor Day weekend!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Hi, @bebe777!   I’m not having the problems you describe.  The threads for which I’ve read all responses are not in bold, and if I click on the “New” number I go directly to the first response I haven’t read yet.

Are you sure you haven’t chosen the option to mark all the posts as new?

I’m not doubting the problem, by the way.   One of the major concerns I have is the fact that some of us experience certain website glitches and others don’t…  even after we do all the “housekeeping” (making sure we have the most current versions of all software, clearing cookies/cache/website data, etc.), there’s never an answer to the reason for this discrepancy.  I’m so very disappointed in the dreadful stats of technical affairs here.

(To add:  The “autosave” is also broken.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.  I’ve started copying and saving my responses before I click “POST” because some of them go into thin air and never land here on the forum — this one, as an example.  It said “autosaved,” and I got the “Success” message but my post disappeared, it wasn't actually auto saved, and I had to paste the response and post it again.)

Hi @dooBdoo and thanks for your reply. Smiley Happy

lol, I wouldn't even know how to find an option that marked every single post on every single thread in every single QVC forum as new... does that option even exist? Smiley Happy

I know that you can mark a single thread as new and I just experimented with that option two or three times. Each time it just makes that single thread bold but doesn't BOLD any of the other threads. And once I click on that thread the bold typeface disappears. 

I never go into my personal preferences, so it couldn't have been changed there. So I'm just mystified. 

I mainly post in the Wen forum. So while I'm watching the US Open tennis match, I've been manually going through each thread on the Wen forum first page... opening each thread up... then clicking on each page... so that the first page now looks normal and I can easily see there the new posts are. 

I agree. This weekend has been a mess and it looks as though mods are away for the weekend because we haven't gotten any feedback on this. It's a mess. I'm disappointed because the mods have really been so helpful... but it's not their fault if the board is short staffed for the weekend. Hopefully it will all be resolved by tuesday. 

btw, if you have any other suggestions for what I might have done wrong... lol, I'm all ears. Smiley Happy

I hope you are having a great weekend!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @bebe777!

The general, “all-purpose” feature “Mark all Posts in Community as New” is under the “Quick Links” menu on the left side of the screen.  It marks everything as new, but it does eventually “un-bold” threads after you read all the replies in that thread.

Another thing to check:  Under your “Settings,” choose “Preferences” and then under “Preference Options” choose “General.”  I believe the box for “Use default (When I read them)” should be checked and “Auto-mark period (Days)” should be a zero. If you change anything, be sure to click "SAVE" at the bottom of the page.

The fact that you haven’t reviewed or modified your settings and preferences doesn’t mean something didn’t change…  I haven’t experienced it, but a few posters have said they had to reset their preferences more than once because they kept changing.

In general, by the way, it’s a very good idea to “walk through” settings and preferences on any site now and then, to be sure you know what’s available and to determine if some problems arose because of personal settings.  You always can try new settings, see what effect they have, and then go back and change them again (just be very sure to note what they were before you made the change, and only make one change at a time).

hth!  Thanks for the good wishes, and I send them right back atcha!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @bebe777!

The general, “all-purpose” feature “Mark all Posts in Community as New” is under the “Quick Links” menu on the left side of the screen.  It marks everything as new, but it does eventually “un-bold” threads after you read all the replies in that thread.

Another thing to check:  Under your “Settings,” choose “Preferences” and then under “Preference Options” choose “General.”  I believe the box for “Use default (When I read them)” should be checked and “Auto-mark period (Days)” should be a zero. If you change anything, be sure to click "SAVE" at the bottom of the page.

The fact that you haven’t reviewed or modified your settings and preferences doesn’t mean something didn’t change…  I haven’t experienced it, but a few posters have said they had to reset their preferences more than once because they kept changing.

In general, by the way, it’s a very good idea to “walk through” settings and preferences on any site now and then, to be sure you know what’s available and to determine if some problems arose because of personal settings.  You always can try new settings, see what effect they have, and then go back and change them again (just be very sure to note what they were before you made the change, and only make one change at a time).

hth!  Thanks for the good wishes, and I send them right back atcha!

@dooBdoo thanks for going through the areas where the problem could have occurred. 

I checked my settings as you suggested below, and the settings you referenced were in place:

Another thing to check:  Under your “Settings,” choose “Preferences” and then under “Preference Options” choose “General.”  I believe the box for “Use default (When I read them)” should be checked and “Auto-mark period (Days)” should be a zero. 

And thanks for reminding me that I should be going through these settings periodically because stuff can happen... and sometimes does. Smiley Happy

I have the feeling that inadvertently I may have clicked the link you mention below: 

The general, “all-purpose” feature “Mark all Posts in Community as New” is under the “Quick Links” menu on the left side of the screen.  It marks everything as new, but it does eventually “un-bold” threads after you read all the replies in that thread.

I've played around with the "mark all posts in community as new" and the "mark all posts in community as read" options and they do BOLD and UNBOLD all posts with a single click. 

Thank you again for being so thoughtful and considerate to walk me through this!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

C/O: @dooBdoo,

Hello and thank you so much for trying.

I have read each separate plea that you have so delicately commented to/Ref: malfunction/-HERE

"Interestingly though, yesterday, I had posted to you a personal note (within Suggestions) to just quit..and I did bluntly said_"JUST QUIT" ...meaning you are not working for this operation, nor are you paid for all of the services you have rendered to or for other posters during the Huge Change within better and improved, so it was as stated. I had advanced more into a dialogue to make you aware that ( me being in business, both imports and medical) some people, not all, but certainly here is a a waste of your time. That absolutely did NOT go through. I know of those whys....

I am writing to 'that someone' who will be made aware of Internet problems. 

I am not on that much but do order quite a large amount of products during the holiday, et cetra.

Do not feel as though you or anyone else can move something, as this yourself. 

Always  thanking you for helping others when those who are being paid...I have never heard from nor do I expect to.

NAES