Visitor

gmarose - chitter- chatter to much!

I can't help but write this letter.  I love QVC, I have been buying since it was CVN.  The hosts are friendly, but I must admit there are many times I'd like to scream at them to shut up. They tend to talk over each other and it makes watching difficult.  Some of them parade around like they are the greatest thing on earth.  They are very nice, but they aren't 15 years old.  They seem to be trying to kiss up to guests .  I think the goods they are selling are wonderful, all you have to do is check my account and see how much I buy, but they can tone down a bit.  The one person who you might think would behave this way was Joan Rivers.  She never went overboard, she was gracious, thoughtful and I must admit I miss her tremendously.  I don't want to mention names but hopefully the ladies I'm writing about will recognize themselves and quit with the cute nicknames, over talking and just being a bit obnoxious.  I truly like most the ladies very much but this is a long standing problem I have with the hosts.  I will remain a constant buyer and thenks for all the wonderful products you have.

Respected Contributor

Re: gmarose - chitter- chatter to much!

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately since the TV morning shows do the same, then QVC must do it too to keep your attention.  I hate it too, but I'm afraid this kind of chatter is here to stay until the morning news shows change what they do.  

Honored Contributor

If you want the hosts to see this post, the best place to post it is on their Facebook pages.  It's likely to get buried here on the forum. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gmarose wrote:

I can't help but write this letter.  I love QVC, I have been buying since it was CVN.  The hosts are friendly, but I must admit there are many times I'd like to scream at them to shut up. They tend to talk over each other and it makes watching difficult.  Some of them parade around like they are the greatest thing on earth.  They are very nice, but they aren't 15 years old.  They seem to be trying to kiss up to guests .  I think the goods they are selling are wonderful, all you have to do is check my account and see how much I buy, but they can tone down a bit.  The one person who you might think would behave this way was Joan Rivers.  She never went overboard, she was gracious, thoughtful and I must admit I miss her tremendously.  I don't want to mention names but hopefully the ladies I'm writing about will recognize themselves and quit with the cute nicknames, over talking and just being a bit obnoxious I truly like most the ladies very much but this is a long standing problem I have with the hosts.  I will remain a constant buyer and thanks for all the wonderful products you have.

-------------------------------------------------

Do not count on it nor hold your breath!!! Smiley Happy  For several years now, there have been many complaints/concerns about the immature, unprofessional behavior on the sets and....nothing has changed!!  Either QVC management doesn't really care and/or the hosts don't really want to change.  The obnoxious (perfect word) presentations have really shortened my QVC watching time!!

New Contributor

Hi- 

I totally agree with this! Earlier this evening, I turned off the show with Shawn and Isaac because it was nothing about the item being presented half the time. I have a great sense of humor and I love a good laugh- but come on. I'll admit she is my least favorite host of all.

In the beginning days Mary Beth (still is) was always professional to the utmost, as well as Jane Treacy, love David Venable too. Alberti is amazing, as are Leah and etc. But there's a couple of hosts that are in need of a good talking to by their "boss"! When I watch a presentation but have to mute the tv, there is a problem, all kidding aside. 

Biggest peeve of all- the hosts that continually interrupt the guest so much that you don't get the information you want on an item!

-Dawn