Contributor

I would like to see some of the models and hosts wear long sleeves as they are designed.  If long, wear them long.  To see them all scrunched up doesn't give me an accurate picture of where the sleeves will fall.  Also, scrunching sleeves on sweaters, jackets and coats isn't a good look.  

Honored Contributor

Pushing the sleeves up is supposed to make them look young and hip.  Whether or not it's a good look seems to be a matter of opinion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Good point!  I tried to think of a time when long sleeves weren't pushed up on the model.... actually can't recall....

Also... I'm sick of 3/4 sleeves!   I love a blouse with a long sleeve and a cuff.  I fold only the cuff back and I'm set to go.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Long sleeves on me are not a good look because the sleeves are virtually always too long. 

I try never to buy long sleeves unless there is no cuff.  Tailoring a cuffed sleeve is more expensive than it's worth to me, but I can often shorten a simple sleeve so I do have a very small number of those.  Otherwise, love 3/4 sleeves.

Honored Contributor

@Gaby008 wrote:

I would like to see some of the models and hosts wear long sleeves as they are designed.  If long, wear them long.  To see them all scrunched up doesn't give me an accurate picture of where the sleeves will fall.  Also, scrunching sleeves on sweaters, jackets and coats isn't a good look.  

I always push up up my sleeves on sweaters. I know next time I do it, I'll be broken hearted knowing someone on the forums doesn't think that's a good look. 

Face With Rolling Eyes on Twitter Twemoji 2.1.2

Valued Contributor

Tim Gunn on Project Runway once demonstrated how long sleeves add bulk visually by creating a blocky look, versus 3/4 sleeves which break up the large block.

However, I don't push sleeves up unless in the garden or at the sink, and agree that I prefer to see the garment with sleeves down.

Honored Contributor

@Gaby008 wrote:

@Gaby008

Can't stand long sleeves!    My forearms just refuse to be covered.   I prefer 3/4 sleeves.   

Honored Contributor

I would dearly love to see one of our "designers". do a long big shirt with French cuffs.  I just love them; they look so classy.  I like to see them on men too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't like it the way it looks either.  I don't dress that way.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Pushing the sleeves up is supposed to make them look young and hip.  Whether or not it's a good look seems to be a matter of opinion.

It always looks to me like they have pushed up their sleeves and are about to go do some messy housework!