Super Contributor

I am wondering of there is any concern about the way items are sent.  In the past, I would recieve things carefully and professionally presented regardless of price.  Coats came on hangers, often with dust bags and now they come stuffed in a plastic bag often wrinkled beyond reason... same is true for other clothing articles. Tops, dresses, pants and the like thrown in plastic bags, often unfolded and wrinkled.  Were I representing a product in my name I would be appauled at the condition it is shipped in.  I understand limitations in mailing etc., yet shipping costs are high as are prices.  Other companies manage to ship items, particularly clothing neatly.  Is there a reason QVC can't follow suit?  I have begun to look elsewhere to shop online as it has become an inconvenience to try to get deeply set wrinkles out of items, airing them to eliminate odors, etc. only to have to return them because of the condition in which they were received.  A shame really. 

Super Contributor

Re: Lack of Care in Packaging

I feel the same way. The items are shoved in a plastic bag so haphazard, it makes me think they were returns. Just not the same care as in the past. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered two Halo Bolt chargers last December.  They each came in their original box showing exactly what it was with no outer packaging whatsoever.  The original box is like a drawer inside a thin cardboard sleeve and the only thing holding it together was the label and pouch that they slapped on the box.   I am amazed that they didn't get stolen along the way.

These are expensive items and should have been boxed in a plain cardboard box not only for protection of the item but also to keep it safe from theft.  The boxes that arrived were damaged but the items inside were okay.  I will no longer buy from QVC due to this.

It is very negligent on their part.  I noticed numerous complaints on the reviews of this item.  Everyone was unhappy about the packaging.

Honored Contributor

I order a lot of clothing, I mean lot.  The only time I receive an item that's crumpled is when its a slippery poly fabric that's heavy for its size.  There's no way some fabrics will stay neatly folded.  Everything else arrives neatly folded and perfect.  I have no complaints whatsoever.

I think the old manner of shipping coats and jackets is gone forever.  It's too expensive to do the big, flat, box, hanger and plastic bag of old.  I ordered some leather jackets 4 or 5 years ago that came like that and nothing like it since.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I agree with you and have no issue with the change over to  mailing bags etc.  I also order a fair amount of clothing and am very put off by an expensive. (or inexpensive) item rolled up and stuffed in a bag way to small to accommodate the item.  Things settle in mailing and poly fabrics are going to "do what they are going to do" lol. Still, I firmly believe that when you order something it should be packed with "respect" and attention.  It is the shift in attitude towards the clothing that seems to differ.  I don't need a hanger... but I  would so appreciate a little more care  given to items shipped accross the board; clothing and non clothing items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is concern from some retailers.  A few I'm thinking of wrap in tissue paper, then stuff some around the item to keep it from moving around in the "box."  Also included are hangers and reuseable garment bags.  

I wouldn't expect that from QVC, though, because that would add to the cost, then customers would complain about rising prices.  

Also consider shipping costs between a box and a  small lightweight plastic shipping bag.  

Most of what I ordered from QVC did come neatly folded.  I think many of the wrinkles come from being stacked on top of each other tightly on cargo ships and in the warehouse causing the wrinkles to look like they were ironed into the fabric.  

Some of the wrinkles were difficult to get out.  I'm thinking leather jackets and other fabrics.  

What annoyed me most are breakables packed with flimsy foam and boxes.