Contributor

Has anyone noticed that the Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday In the Kitchen Shows are almost repeats of each other.  The same old same old.  They really need some new products.  Same old air fryers, cookware, etc.  David said last Sunday new products.  What a few items.  I'm sure companies would kill to get on QVC.  I'm just plain bored with it.  I even asked DISH and CABLE if I could eliminate all shopping channels.  They of course said no.  I think if should be a choice.  They need to  visit the fifty states again and get ideas.  I'm sure one of you will say DON'T WATCH.  Guess what I won't be.

Honored Contributor

@finewoman Don't let it bother you when people say, "Don't watch".

I do understand what you are saying and a lot of people have complained about the same thing.

Another thing I've noticed people complaining about (with good reason) is what does selling a vacuum cleaner or something like that have to do with cooking.

I understand Heaven forbid they have to show the TSV every 15 minutes but you'd think they'd let it go for awhile!

Someone here said (and it made sense) that the reason it's so repetitive because they are trying to catch people who've just happened upon QVC TV.

Have you ever heard them say, "We'd like to welcome all of our new customers".  I guess that's why the shows are so repetitive.

Also the buyers have to work their 'magic' and agree to buy a zillion of something and know that we customers will purchase it.  They go on the assumption that just this one time the person who's been sitting on the fence week after week will buy the air fryer this time.  Maybe, I mean, it's not like I know, this is a guess.

I do agree (as do others) QVC used to offer much more variety in every show (i.e. clothes, jewelry, makeup, etc) than they do now.

Many of us go way back.  Some almost to the beginning.  There used to be more variety.  These days we all know Josey will be selling her Argon, IT will be selling their makeup and so on.  Oh!  Although I love Isaac's clothes it does get tiresome seeing the same thing over and over.

Anyway, I hope you keep posting and giving us your input.  I think we'd all like to hear from everyone.  

Speaking of repeating and bla bla....I know I'm a pain in the neck...always on here...

Honored Contributor

I REALLY loved the 50 states in 50 days programming.

And yep, the repeats are to "catch" anyone who missed it the first or second time!!

Esteemed Contributor

And to get rid of old inventory.

Respected Contributor

Re: In the Kitchen Shows

[ Edited ]

I totally agree that the kitchen shows are growing more and more monotonous.  However, let's be real here  -  there are only so many kitchen items you can find to fill a show.  One problem is that there are so many shows and they get longer and longer, sometimes three and four hours. I think they could cut them to once a week rather than twice, and stick with a two hour show.  Also a change of hosts would give a new perspective on the same old stuff. Too bad we've lost the Blue Jean Chef. She was truly a breath of fresh air in the kitchen. As was Laura with KitchenAid. Miss both of them. IMHO a good shake up in the kitchen area would do a lot to freshen it up.

Trusted Contributor

Okay, can someone fill me in?  I did not realize Meridith Laurence had left.  When? Why? Just looked up her facebook page and it is filled with incredible recipes and videos.  She is terrific.

QVC Customer Care

@kjae

We all miss Meredith! She has been with us for 17 years and she has left to focus on teaching via social media.

Beth QVC

Contributor

To Beth of QVC who wrote - How about another 50 state tour.  Some great products out there.  Look at what Shark Tank has brought QVC.  So you know there are loads of products waiting to be known.  And yes I really miss Meredith.  At least when she showed a product she didn't look at herself.  On the floor in fromt of there table are about 4-5 tv screens.  I could name a few hosts who look at themselves constantly.  HELLO we are up here.  QUIT looking at yourself.  Again QVC lots of people want to sell their STUFF. Give them a chance.

Trusted Contributor

I too, miss Meredith...it's not the same with the new kitchen help.  Love Mark Charles too.  Hope he stays.  The newer ones are just not the same.  I'm not 

watching as much QVC.  Hardly ever anymore.  Go online to shop if there is some

thing I'm interested in.

LTS are becoming too expensive and not enough sizes to choose from.  Oh well!!

Contributor

I was at Walmart yesterday.  Guess what I found.  LEONETTI'S STROMBOLI'S.  I have ordered this paying $60.  At Walmart you get a 7oz for $2.88.  So doing the math - on QVC you pay $60 for 6- 12oz so getting that at Walmart would cost you 34.56.  I live in TN and found the pepperoni.