Honored Contributor

I had a couple people on ignore on the old board and I truely had them on ignore.  I never announced they were on ignore and never made a big deal about it.  I just did it.

So while yes there were some who claimed to put people on ignore but read everything they said and responded, not everyone did that.  Some of us really used the ignore feature as it was intended.       

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ignore or block button

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I had a couple people on ignore on the old board and I truely had them on ignore.  I never announced they were on ignore and never made a big deal about it.  I just did it.

So while yes there were some who claimed to put people on ignore but read everything they said and responded, not everyone did that.  Some of us really used the ignore feature as it was intended.       

I agree.  I had a couple of people on ignore.  I never said a word about it.  They had no idea.  Of course, we can all ignore on our own but it was nice feature.  

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde, your "IMO, a certain amount of "I wish there was a Block or Ignore function" is just a way of posting publicly "I don't like certain posters and I want a way to make them go away" cuts to the chase perfectly.

That's exactly how I view threads like this, especially when the OP refers, albeit vaguely, to a specific poster or posters.

Maybe it's just me, but I try to keep this place in perspective. It's just a message board, one that I happen to think is fairly well-run, all things considered. I don't expect it to cater to my every whim.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I didn't say everyone did it; there was a "type" who did it. I had one person on ignore that I also never said anything about. I never bothered with that person unless others told me the person had posted something personal against standards egregious directed at me. I relied on them to let me know I might want to report it, or they had reported it.

That person no longer seems to be here - at least in their former incarnation and mood ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3, it will never cease to boggle my mind, reading the posts on this forum in general, how many posters do expect QVC, the hosts and vendors, the forums, the moderators and fellow posters to indeed cater to their every whim. 👹

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@suzyQ3, it will never cease to boggle my mind, reading the posts on this forum in general, how many posters do expect QVC, the hosts and vendors, the forums, the moderators and fellow posters to indeed cater to their every whim. 👹

Interesting comment, @Moonchilde  since you start many threads telling how you think QVC should be running these forums.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Ignore or block button

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Interesting comment, @Moonchilde  since you start many threads telling how you think QVC should be running these forums.  

That's just your opinion, @Pearlee. You have them. I have them. Dozens of people have them every day. Unlike some, I don't care whether "everyone" agrees with my thoughts and opinions or not :-D

And actually, my comments are usually regarding not how QVC "should" run the forums, but rather how many people can't seem to deal with how QVC does run them.

I suppose some people don't see the difference, but that doesn't concern me. I only give thought to the views and opinions of those I respect - or rather, those I respect and those who have given me no reason not to respect them. I don't expect I'm alone in that.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

That's just your opinion, @Pearlee. You have them. I have them. Dozens of people have them every day. Unlike some, I don't care whether "everyone" agrees with my thoughts and opinions or not :-D

And actually, my comments are usually regarding not how QVC "should" run the forums, but rather how many people can't seem to deal with how QVC does run them.

I suppose some people don't see the difference, but that doesn't concern me. I only give thought to the views and opinions of those I respect - or rather, those I respect and those who have given me no reason not to respect them. I don't expect I'm alone in that.

LOL  @Moonchilde  Most of us are "not alone" in what we express here.   And I doubt I'm the only one who reads your threads the way I do, rather than the way you do.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

LOL  @Moonchilde  Most of us are "not alone" in what we express here.   And I doubt I'm the only one who reads your threads the way I do, rather than the way you do.

LOLOL. Just so it's clear, how anyone on these forums views me or my posts is completely up to them. I apparently need to reiterate that I don't especially care 😎 how I'm viewed in a given post or thread. No one can like everyone, and honestly, I'm pretty happy about some of the posters who don't like me. I'd be upset with myself if they did 🙀

Every poster on these forums has a "rep" as far as their posting overall, across all forums and topics. Every.one.of.us. I'm quite content with mine; I own it without issue. 

Honored Contributor

Even when they had an Ignore option previously, I never used it.  As a positive person, just let it roll off your back.