Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,987
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

@Moonchilde wrote:

@suzyQ3, it will never cease to boggle my mind, reading the posts on this forum in general, how many posters do expect QVC, the hosts and vendors, the forums, the moderators and fellow posters to indeed cater to their every whim. 👹


I 2nd that. One gal tells Q how to run their shows, what she would do different, real bossy, makes suggestions on how they should control the hosts of shows, what to report to corporate, on and on.  Who died and left her Queen.  What a troll.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,455
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@LipstickDiva wrote:

I had a couple people on ignore on the old board and I truely had them on ignore.  I never announced they were on ignore and never made a big deal about it.  I just did it.

 

So while yes there were some who claimed to put people on ignore but read everything they said and responded, not everyone did that.  Some of us really used the ignore feature as it was intended.       


 

Exactly.  

 

Furthermore, I don't know why people take exception to some suggestions posted on this section.   This is the SUGGESTION BOX, after all.   An Ignore button would simply be a tool that could be used or not as a poster desires.   (Kind of like the pointless "hearts" that I don't use or participate in.  Now that is a useless feature, IMO.)  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,921
Registered: ‎06-12-2013

@Sharke wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@suzyQ3, it will never cease to boggle my mind, reading the posts on this forum in general, how many posters do expect QVC, the hosts and vendors, the forums, the moderators and fellow posters to indeed cater to their every whim. 👹


I 2nd that. One gal tells Q how to run their shows, what she would do different, real bossy, makes suggestions on how they should control the hosts of shows, what to report to corporate, on and on.  Who died and left her Queen.  What a troll.


I 3rd that!

How about they try being a grown-up? These are the same people who behave even worse yet want others to be punished...SMH

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

@gracie2014 You already have the option to pass on threads and posters that may offend you just by not reading or participating in the thread.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,139
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

@blackhole99 wrote:

@gracie2014 You already have the option to pass on threads and posters that may offend you just by not reading or participating in the thread.


@blackhole99. Sometimes it happens in a thread you are already participating in. You get attacked. Better that when it happens the first time, you can put said poster on ignore an never have to see their posts again. I would like that, but it is not to be.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

@proudlyfromNJ I get what you are saying, I guess I'm thick skinned because I think a lot of that back biting is funny and I just move on. The mods really don't let the posters fight things out anymore any way.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,886
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: Ignore or block button

[ Edited ]

 

          I can only recall using the "Ignore" feature twice.    One poster decided it would be funny to announce early results of Olympic Games (which were taking place in a distant time zone, so American audiences viewed the activities "live" after the fact if that makes sense).   I blocked her so I wouldn't see what she was posting.    In another case, early in the Downton Abbey series someone began creating new nicknames and spamming threads with significant spoilers (they had seen the British airings in advance of the shows we were watching in the USA.) 

 

          Otherwise, I preferred to know what people were saying, or at times I suppose I had them on "mental ignore," and I chose case-by-case whether or not to reply.    Just because we haven't "clicked" with someone in the past doesn't mean we won't find common ground in the future -- and if we don't see their posts, how will we ever know?

 

          But I do understand that's only my preference.   After losing the feature and reading all the subsequent posts over the past nearly 2 years, and seeing what's happening without it, I do think some of the arguments wouldn't happen if posters could block others.   Just because some of us don't want to use it isn't a good reason not to offer it to those who would like to.   I think it's very, very strange that even the basic, bare-bones version of this forum software doesn't have an "Ignore User" option

 

⭐️Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. Howard W. Newton⭐️
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,463
Registered: ‎05-10-2013

I agree @dooBdoo with what you say here. I have learned a lot about some posters and very little about others. Some seem to be mad all of the time and attack just to attack but I know who they are so I ignore. There are some very nice people here that I enjoy discussions with.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor
Posts: 422
Registered: ‎02-02-2016

@proudlyfromNJ That is precisely my point, thanks for breaking it down.

Super Contributor
Posts: 422
Registered: ‎02-02-2016

@dooBdoo we were both involved in a thread the other night...all of a sudden a remark was made and one of the mods deemed it unkind..what in the world did I miss..there were only three of us....wee hours of the morning.