Contributor

Hosts that keep trying to wear a small top!

Honestly I love watching one Host, but I wish she would stop trying to squeeze into a small top...when it is obvious she is a Medium. It only makes her look bigger. I know it is hard to swallow when we put on a few pounds, but we can help ourselves more than we think with proper fitting clothes. I will keep watching her, because I like her style otherwise.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts that keep trying to wear a small top!

I don't know who you are referring to, but I honestly don't concern myself with that kind of thing.  I know myself that when I try to wear something that I have in my closet and it does not fit that well any more, that I do not feel comfortable or happy with the way I look.  But I have never liked things which fit really, really snugly.  Well, I take that back.  When I was a lot younger, I did wear tight jeans. Of course, I had the body for them and that helped! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Not a big deal. Maybe it's the only size they had that was close to what the host needed. Even if not, I don't care.

Honored Contributor

For me if the clothes don't look good on the model or host, it is unlikely I'll buy.  Why have live models if the clothes don't fit them properly?  May as well buy from a catalog or a website which is what I do 90% of the time.

Honored Contributor

What is a good fit or not is subjective.  While one who likes more baggy clothing items see too tight but someone who likes well fitting nonbagy clothing it looks like a good fit!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

For me if the clothes don't look good on the model or host, it is unlikely I'll buy.  Why have live models if the clothes don't fit them properly? 

I agree that the host should wear the correct size.  If the size is not available, don't put it on. 

Valued Contributor

If someone has to adjust any piece of clothing everytime they move, then something isn't fitting correctly.

Respected Contributor

subjective 

my sis and I are very close to same measurements.   yet we have always bought and worn different sizes.   she likes tight.  i like baggy.   neither of us is right or wrong.  it's what we individually like.

i have been buying and dressing myself for a few decades.  i don't need spoon fed.  i can determine what size to buy by looking at the style either on of off a model, tight or loose.

not sure why this comes up and folks just want to dictate right and wrong on a subjective matter.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

For me if the clothes don't look good on the model or host, it is unlikely I'll buy.  Why have live models if the clothes don't fit them properly? 

I agree that the host should wear the correct size.  If the size is not available, don't put it on. 

I agree.  There have been many times when a host said the item on the set isn't her size, but she's going to try it on anyway.  I wish they'd stop that because that usually doesn't help one decide whether or not to buy.  If anything, it may keep some from ordering.

Trusted Contributor

@TheMemphisVette I do agree with you. Some people like more fitted clothing and other's like a loose fit, no right or wrong.

However, with that said, I have seen a couple times where the models clearly had pants on that were too tight. I understand some people like pants tighter than other people. But, in the presentations I saw, the pants were so tight you could see where the pants were bunching up in a not-so flattering way. The model had heavier legs and the pants were pulling at the seems. In fact, I believe there was a thread about this particular presentation.

Anyway, like you said, it's all in perspective. No right or wrong, usually.