Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts that keep trying to wear a small top!

If you think the hosts clothes are too tight, order something bigger for yourself.  Easy peasy.  No stress, no worries.  You know how the clothing item fits, order accordingly.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hosts  role are on air " Influencers " , that's why they change into so many pieces of clothes  while on air. 

However,   what they wear  doesn't influence everyone .

I say just let the models  do their job  in  a size of clothing  that is  fits them best .

Valued Contributor

I don't care for the lying about what size certain sales clerks claim to wear.  Shawn says she an extra small and JT claims to be a small.  It's clear to see they are NOT the sizes they claim.  Who do they think they are kidding...only themselves?  Shawn's clothes are usually too tight and JT is constantly tugging at whatever she is wearing.  If you are not in the correct size, the clothes will not look good.  I'm not the size I once was but do make my clothes to fit my body, not the size I wish I were.

Honored Contributor

I don't care what the hosts wear or the size they are wearing.  It is their business.

None of the hosts or models are built like me, so it doesn't help to see them model the clothing.

Since I am educated and can read the size charts....and the garment measurements, I go by that if I need to order anything.

I have to always check the garment measurements to make sure the sleeves will be wide enough for my upper arms.

Regular Contributor

I think that if you are selling clothing you should look good in it and wear the proper size.  I for one have never purchased anything from Shawn, she's a mess.  Her clothes are ill-fitting, she lies about the price.  If something is $34.98 she sells it  at $34.  She's all over the set, talks too much.  I watch her sometimes because I can't get over how she is held in high esteem.  It boggles my mind.  But, she does seem to be well-liked by other hosts and vendors as well.  She's a really pretty woman,  but her hair, those glasses and her heavy, heavy hand in make-up, all too much.  Somehow, I got off the topic.  Sorry, Shawn.

Frequent Contributor

There are times when I see a particular host and say to myself "does she know how bad that makes her look"?

One of my pet peeves has been with them selling shape wear.  They show a before and after.  More often than not if the model was in the correct size she wouldn't need shape wear.

And like a previous poster said If it looks bad on the model or host I won't buy it. 

Contributor

Agree totally.

Honored Contributor

Unless we see the hosts and models in person, their real size and look cannot be determined!  I have posted this story often about a female news anchor on our local news,  On tv she looked a bit chunky but I was suprised to see how small she really was when I saw her in person.  Jane appears to have a small bone structure so she could actually wear a small size because she is short with slopping shoulders.  A coworker of mine looked heavier than me but wore a smaller size than me because she was tiny boned with sloping shoulders and shorter than me.  I have a large bone structure, full muscular shoulders and  am 3 inches taller than her.  I could never fit in her small size even though I looked thinner than her flabby shape! 

Respected Contributor

Sorry but when I'm thinking of buying clothes on QVC i want to see the item fit the host and models correctly. When I watch Susan Graver i can never go with what the host is wearing because the shirts, pants, and blazers are too small on her. Sorry but your XXS days have come and gone. I love the way Susan wears her clothes. It detracts from the item they are trying to sell and makes them look bigger if the item is too small.

Respected Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

Sorry but when I'm thinking of buying clothes on QVC i want to see the item fit the host and models correctly. When I watch Susan Graver i can never go with what the host is wearing because the shirts, pants, and blazers are too small on her. Sorry but your XXS days have come and gone. I love the way Susan wears her clothes. It detracts from the item they are trying to sell and makes them look bigger if the item is too small.

You gave me a good laugh.  The XXS days have come and gone for several hosts.