Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts that keep trying to wear a small top!

@lgfan wrote:

@JackieHN wrote:

Sorry but when I'm thinking of buying clothes on QVC i want to see the item fit the host and models correctly. When I watch Susan Graver i can never go with what the host is wearing because the shirts, pants, and blazers are too small on her. Sorry but your XXS days have come and gone. I love the way Susan wears her clothes. It detracts from the item they are trying to sell and makes them look bigger if the item is too small.

You gave me a good laugh.  The XXS days have come and gone for several hosts.

For me, the smaller sizes are coming back. My doctor put me on thyroid medication and I was shocked to realize I'd lost 30 lbs. I'm going to ease back from the medication; I don't need to lose any more weight and I've got loose skin flapping all over the place.

The hard part is figuring out what size to choose. Size 12 is too big and size 10 is a little too snug. I'll figure it out one of these days.

Respected Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@Qvcmeow wrote:
There's linking a more close fit, and there's "I'm in a size small
" <tug tug tug>

If you have to keep adjusting it, the size or style is not for you. You are not doing the garment, which you're trying to sell, any justice.

I think the reason JT is constantly tugging at her top is that it is not just that it is too 

small in that area of her body ( around the waist and hips ) but it shows what is underneath....a protruding belly and "rolls" over the top of her pants..undergarments 

would help with that but , the fact is, she looks SO MUCH BETTER in dresses !

I don't watch that much QVC anymore. A few minutes at a time. Never a whole show.

Saw Jane recently. Talk about letting yourself go! 

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Danky2 wrote:

@Qvcmeow wrote:
" <tug tug tug>

If you have to keep adjusting it, the size or style is not for you. You are not doing the garment, which you're trying to sell, any justice.

I think the reason JT is constantly tugging at her top is that it is not just that it is too 

small in that area of her body ( around the waist and hips ) but it shows what is underneath....a protruding belly and "rolls" over the top of her pants..undergarments 

I don't watch that much QVC anymore. A few minutes at a time. Never a whole show.

Saw Jane recently. Talk about letting yourself go! 

In your many attempts to put this particular host down; the only person who looks bad is you.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Contributor

The host I really like, wore the proper size at least three times this week,and she looked great, smaller too, but yesterday she was wearing a smaller size, it looked horrible and made her look bigger. I do not believe that a top that is bunching at the shoulders and showing all figure problems is going to the sell the top. This is not a bash to her, just my obersavtions, sometimes it is just time to go to a larger size. I do not believe it was the only size, I think it was a choice. Anyhow hope she reads these boards.

Honored Contributor

In my opinion, the only hosts that are truly a size XXS is  Kourtney, Amy and Kierstin....

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

In my opinion, the only hosts that are truly a size XXS is  Kourtney, Amy and Kierstin....

Possibly Sandra too.

Trusted Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@Qvcmeow wrote:
" <tug tug tug>

She needs to double or even triple SPANX garments. That's what the actresses do, one pair does nothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

I don't care for the lying about what size certain sales clerks claim to wear.  Shawn says she an extra small and JT claims to be a small.  It's clear to see they are NOT the sizes they claim.  Who do they think they are kidding...only themselves?  Shawn's clothes are usually too tight and JT is constantly tugging at whatever she is wearing.  If you are not in the correct size, the clothes will not look good.  I'm not the size I once was but do make my clothes to fit my body, not the size I wish I were.

@docsgirl  agree on both of them !

Super Contributor

I remember, years ago, when Isaac told Shawn "you need a bigger size...you wear your clothes too small...".  Not exact words, but it was priceless.  

Contributor

Jane Tracey does this all the time!