Honored Contributor

I wish QVC would send out your new size or color when exchanging an item.  As long as you call and put the item in the mail so they can see by the tracking that it's on it's way back.  Then that way you don't lose out on your size.  Three items I just put in the mail for different size are now out of the size I needed.  Last night I checked and all the sizes I needed were there.  Now .... I'm out my three items.  So they lost out (along with me) but hey.  

HSN does this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Exchanges for Size/Color

wonder what , if any, extra cost that is for the companies that handle returns that way.

i know returns are a major expense for companies but I have never seen that issue discussed.

Esteemed Contributor

A few yrs ago , in exchanging items from Coldwater creek  and  many yrs ago from Clifford & Wills , I used to call customer service to order my exchange while in stock and would ask that they wave the shipping fees since I was sending an item back for exchange. Both companies , easily handled returns that way. I was not charged shipping fees on my repalcement order , however I was not credited for the  return till the item arrived back at their facility.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

wonder what , if any, extra cost that is for the companies that handle returns that way.

i know returns are a major expense for companies but I have never seen that issue discussed.

It certainly would benefit them.  Now they are out the cost of the return label AND the sale of the item.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I wish QVC would send out your new size or color when exchanging an item.  As long as you call and put the item in the mail so they can see by the tracking that it's on it's way back.  Then that way you don't lose out on your size.  Three items I just put in the mail for different size are now out of the size I needed.  Last night I checked and all the sizes I needed were there.  Now .... I'm out my three items.  So they lost out (along with me) but hey.  

HSN does this.

@rms1954 - Next time you send in an exchange, as soon as it is listed as "picked up by agent," contact the social team. If you provide your order information and the tracking number so they can verify that the package is on its way, they often seem to be able to submit an exchange order before the package returns to QVC, which would give you a much better chance of getting the size or color you want. (And I've found that the inventory numbers on the "back end" sometimes differ from what is posted online, so it's possible that the options you want may actually be available.) Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

HSN does this.

@rms1954 - Next time you send in an exchange, as soon as it is listed as "picked up by agent," contact the social team. If you provide your order information and the tracking number so they can verify that the package is on its way, they often seem to be able to submit an exchange order before the package returns to QVC, which would give you a much better chance of getting the size or color you want. (And I've found that the inventory numbers on the "back end" sometimes differ from what is posted online, so it's possible that the options you want may actually be available.) Good luck!

I called customer service and they said they could not.  They need to receive the item back first.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 - Don't call customer service; this is an advanced issue that the social team is usually better equipped to handle. If your package has been picked up by the agent, try sending your tracking and exchange request details to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. There's a chance they still won't be able to do anything, but I've seen them work some actual miracles, so it's definitely worth a shot!

Respected Contributor

I am exchanging a pair of shoes with Amazon for a smaller size just now. Filled in the info on the computer...was told to take the original pair to UPS. The new pair is on the way already. I will go to UPS today or tomorrow.

The caveat is that they must be returned in perfect condition...just try it on. No wearing it fora day or two. They must be returned by 3/1.

Frequent Contributor

I get a little frustrated with this too.  I have called on occasion trying to get an exchange shipped out because my size is almost always gone by the time my return is processed. I get a mixed bag of responses from CS.  Some have no problem..others say can't do it.

Valued Contributor

That's the way HSN does it & I love it!