Regular Contributor

Excessive host bashing from the forums

It's disturbing to see the constant host bashing. It's 

like cyber bullying. I think it's negative and hurtful. You are not in charge of hiring or managing these hosts and I think it is inappropriate to suggest any course of action simply because you may not like a voice or clothing or mannerism. I don't know why I'm even posting this but it seems like the prevailing sentiment lately for people to jump all over everyone via Facebook or social media- I don't like it. Sad. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Excessive host bashing from the forums

I completely agree.  I'm sure I'm about to be bashed because I don't post much and therefore am not allowed to have an opinion.  When the hosts start to play on my nerves I realize it's probably time to turn the channel.  This instantly solves the problem.  Let the bashing begin!

Super Contributor

I agree with you.  I don't understand the need to post anything so negative or nasty but I guess when anonimity comes into play, it is ok.  No it is not.  The saying about the apple falling far from the tree comes to my mind.  I have an idea that the children of these adults do exactly the same to their peers.  Of course they won't admit it.  If your not happy with the hosts or anyone else, for that matter, move on, click off the show, and go take a nice walk outdoors.  Your post will be deleted anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why you're posting this either. Mods seem to erase unkind postings quickly although many of us are in agreement - and are thinking the same.  Nobody can force us to always like what we see on the Q.

Hope you have a happy day!

Honored Contributor

@Shopchickie3You’re right.  It’s been going on for years and will never really stop.  The good thing is the  Mods delete the unkind posts now, it used to be a free for all on the Forums.

The posters say they are giving their honest options and constructive criticism only to be helpful to the hosts and QVC.

Woman bashing woman is very sad and hateful.

Esteemed Contributor

@gingie08 wrote:

I completely agree.  I'm sure I'm about to be bashed because I don't post much and therefore am not allowed to have an opinion.  When the hosts start to play on my nerves I realize it's probably time to turn the channel.  This instantly solves the problem.  Let the bashing begin!

That also sends a stronger message than posting on the boards.  The only truly effective way to "get rid" of a host is low sales volume.

If a host turns off enough people that his/her sales figures don't meet corporate criteria that host will be replaced. 

The converse is also true.  Even if a host is the target of repeated complaints on the boards as long as his/her sales volumes are strong they will stay.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I don't care for a host or vendor, there is always online shopping.  I find the reviews more helpful than comments from vendors who obviously like their products or hosts that are paid to sell a product. 

Through the years, I have found  that a host that I'm not fond of usually is gone after a while. So I'm sure that QVC pays attention to how much is sold during a show.  QVC cares about their ratings since that is where they make money. 

I find the remote control very easy to use. That is much kinder that all of the negative comments that are posted.  Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that you have to share it.   There are much more constructive ways to make a point.  The moderators remove comments that are mean.  So what is really accomplished with personal, mean, rude comments? 

Honored Contributor

@fthuntI don't think OP meant you have to like everything.  That's not realistic, for sure.

Super Contributor

Unfortunately many of the posts are not removed which I do not understand.  There are entire threads that should be deleted which may help stop some of the hurtful comments.  If the thread is deleted by customer service due to cyber bullying (bashing) then those who have nothing better to do won't have a forum to post their "hate mail."   I have always belived those who do not think highly of themselves feel the need to bring others down to make themselves look better.  Seems to be a lot of QVC watchers who don't know how to use the remote to "mute" or turn the channel.

Respected Contributor

Although I do not usually watch QVC in any of its reincarnations, I do check out this forum.  ( I may see 10 minutes / month )

From many of the postings, there are opportunities for the managers of the " offending " hosts to help them improve their delivery, their approach, their interaction with vendors, etc.  If I were a host, I would want someone to care enough about my development to share their expertise so I could grow.

During my corporate career, the managers that I most remember with heartfelt thanks were the few who shared their concern and help.  I returned the favor many times over with those who worked for me as well as for colleagues in the seminar / career development segment of my work life.

Negative feedback when coupled with caring and coaching to improve / develop works wonders.  Hopefully someone at QVC cares not only about profits, but also the people who could make the company more profitable by listening to the Listeners / Consumers.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill