Trusted Contributor

Re: Excessive host bashing from the forums

It's one thing if you are asked for your opinion, but, otherwise, I agree with whoever said let's use a little kindness before spouting off our mouths.  If people thought before they spoke, the world might be a much nicer place.

Respected Contributor

@gingie08 wrote:

I completely agree.  I'm sure I'm about to be bashed because I don't post much and therefore am not allowed to have an opinion.  When the hosts start to play on my nerves I realize it's probably time to turn the channel.  This instantly solves the problem.  Let the bashing begin!

@gingie08 you have just as much of a right to your opinion as anyone else here. Whether you have 1 post or 1,000 posts so continue to post away Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Part of me says big deal, so what?

Often times the criticism says more about the poster than the host. However, these hosts are professionals who choose to be in the public eye and are well compensated. They are not private people, they know this, its  part of the job. (I am not talking about stalking)

When certain hosts beg for attention with their clothes, mannerisms, what can they/we expect. They take the job to be on tv, in the public eye. Under public scrutiny.

When they come out to sell an item wearing it too small and talk about how good it looks, why shouldn’t we

comment?

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Part of me says big deal, so what?

Often times the criticism says more about the poster than the host. However, these hosts are professionals who choose to be in the public eye and are well compensated. They are not private people, they know this, its  part of the job. (I am not talking about stalking)

When certain hosts beg for attention with their clothes, mannerisms, what can they/we expect. They take the job to be on tv, in the public eye. Under public scrutiny.

When they come out to sell an item wearing it too small and talk about how good it looks, why shouldn’t we

comment?

When a hosts' mannerisms become that bad, why post on a forum? I send an email or a complaint straight to QVC. These forums aren't taken seriously IMO. But sending comments about problems of a show, vendor or host directly to QVC should be addressed by the proper department at the Q. One can hope, anyway! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Frequent Contributor

@gingie08 wrote:

I completely agree.  I'm sure I'm about to be bashed because I don't post much and therefore am not allowed to have an opinion.  When the hosts start to play on my nerves I realize it's probably time to turn the channel.  This instantly solves the problem.  Let the bashing begin!

gingie08  I had to laugh at your post.  I don't post very much, either.  For some unknown reason, my post count dropped from a few hundred to around 40 and was stuck there for a long time.  I, too, have been bashed for my opinion because, to paraphrase, I'm not a regular poster and so I don't know what I'm talking about.  

I completely agree with you.  When a host's voice, expressions, or mannerisms start to bug me, I figure I've been watching too much and switch the channel.  I can't think of anyone who doesn't have some kind of annoying habit, including myself!!

Honored Contributor

@janz wrote:

Unfortunately many of the posts are not removed which I do not understand.  There are entire threads that should be deleted which may help stop some of the hurtful comments.  If the thread is deleted by customer service due to cyber bullying (bashing) then those who have nothing better to do won't have a forum to post their "hate mail."   I have always belived those who do not think highly of themselves feel the need to bring others down to make themselves look better.  Seems to be a lot of QVC watchers who don't know how to use the remote to "mute" or turn the channel.

What is removed or not removed is at the discretion of moderators, not individual posters. So if something is not removed, you may take it that (1) moderators paid by QVC do not feel it is inappropriate/against forum posting rules, or (2) it has not been reported to a moderator.

Anyone who feels a thread or a post should be removed is free to report it to the moderators. But those who would do that for every post they personally find inappropriate are liable to be banned for excessive reporting. IMO complaining about it without reporting it is pointless and passive-aggressive. If something is reported that moderators do not delete, then their opinion and that of the person reporting it are not the same - and the moderator’s decision is final.

I usually, mostly leave it to the moderators. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful reply, Carmie. ^^^ Seems like things are better now. I stepped away from the boards for a couple of years because of toxic exchanges about hosts and other posters. A lot of bullying back then. Glad moderators step in.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I don't care to be critized when trying my best and therefore don't do so.

Respected Contributor

@jlkz I completely agree. Hosts & QVC should take some of the negative to see what they can improve. If you post anything negative on a hosts page, all it gets you is blocked from posting. Constructive criticism can help a host or company improve. 

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@jlkz I completely agree. Hosts & QVC should take some of the negative to see what they can improve. If you post anything negative on a hosts page, all it gets you is blocked from posting. Constructive criticism can help a host or company improve. 

You do understand that quite a few posters on these forums think “Host X looks like a fat ugly sausage in that sweater” is constructive criticism and see nothing wrong with it? 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all